Online Courses in Floral Arrangement
The course descriptions below detail some commonly offered online flower arranging courses and classes.
- High Style Flower Arrangements Course: Students learn to make arrangements that are unique and contemporary, designed to be eye-catching and trendsetting. They learn many flower arranging applications for uses such as decorating halls, creating wedding bouquets, making one-of-a-kind prom corsages and designing table arrangements for any occasion.
- Flower Arranging Fundamentals Course: This course teaches students the basic of flower arranging from creating simple centerpieces to exquisite wedding flower arrangements. Topics include using color, depth and lines to make trend-setting designs. Students also learn about using silk and dried flowers for constructing wedding flowers and centerpieces.
- Floral Design and Theory Course: This course teaches floral design as a career. It discusses the history of floral design, from basic principles to advanced topics, such as using unity, balance, color and harmony. Lessons also cover the importance of using the right containers and tools when creating floral designs.
- Funeral Floral Design Course: This specialty course deals with flower arrangements for funerals. Students learn to create basket, easel and casket arrangements, while keeping the history of the deceased, specific trends and desired color schemes in mind.
- Wedding Flower Arranging Course: This course teaches all aspects of creating the perfect floral designs for weddings. Students learn to make corsages, bouquets, boutonnieres, church arrangements, outdoor arrangements and centerpieces. They focus on creating bridal floral arrangements with colors and schemes that enhance the bridal party and surroundings.
- Holiday Arranging Course: In this course students will learn how to arrange and market holiday-inspired floral designs for special occasions and holidays. The course will cover handling and use of real and artificial floral and non-floral elements in design. Students will also study business preparation for high traffic holidays in the floral industry, such as Christmas and Valentine's Day.
- Design Styles Course: In this course, students will explore some of the basic styles in floral design. Topics include western line, formal linear, vegetative, landscape, abstract and new wave styles.
- The Business of Floral Design Course: This course will teach students how to create and maintain their own floral design business. Location, the development of a business plan, supply chain management, management techniques and industry shows will be addressed.
Students enrolled in online flower arranging courses may earn diplomas or certificates or apply credits toward the pursuit of degrees, such as an Associate of Applied Science in Floral Design; however, some courses are non-credit. Online flower arranging courses tend to have a strong visual element, such as illustrated guides or videos for students to follow. Graduates may use their flower arranging skills for personal projects or choose to find careers in floristry.
Online flower arranging courses exist through diploma, certificate and associate's degree programs. Areas of study through these programs include holiday arranging, design styles and business concepts.