Online Courses in Marketing
Below are some of the online options available to students interested in Internet marketing:
- Principles of Online Marketing Course: Marketing professionals often rely on the Internet for client interaction. This course can teach students how to successfully create appropriate web pages, fulfill client goals, incorporate Internet advertising and employ techniques used in measuring research data. Topics include technical terminology, business decisions or Internet security decisions.
- Online Marketing Channels Course: This course provides a broad overview of a wide range of internet marketing channels, including social media platforms, internet display advertising, remarketing, email campaigns, affiliate marketing, mobile marketing and video marketing. Students also learn how to use analytical tools to measure business performance in each channel.
- Social Media Marketing Course: This course teaches a strategic approach to social media use. Students learn to plan for social media marketing. Several popular and productive social media websites are analyzed. Emphasis is placed on reaching and engaging with key users. The course also covers essential skills of social media advertising and measurement.
- Search Engine Marketing Course: This course introduces students to SEO, otherwise known as search engine optimization. SEO is the practice of ensuring that a website is one of the top listings when internet browsers use a search engine, and this course explains the most effective methods for generating more page views, such as the selection of proper phrases and keywords.
- Mobile Marketing Course: The rise in popularity of smart phones has created a new offshoot of advertising in which marketers develop campaigns and techniques specifically for users on a mobile device. This course provides an overview of this new style of online marketing, and focuses primarily on conversion strategies.
- Web Analytics Course: In this program, students learn how to organize and interpret data from multiple marketing channels. Areas of exploration include KPIs, segmentation, reports and experimentation.
- Landing Page and Conversion Optimization Course: This course is designed to help professionals build landing pages that convince website visitors to take the action they desire - whether it means buying a product, filling out a form or signing up for an email list. Students are familiarized with a conceptual approach to landing page construction, and they examine examples for inspiration.
There are a variety of online educational programs that include courses in internet marketing. Most commonly, schools offer online degree and certificate programs in internet marketing or digital marketing. Certificate programs are available at both the undergraduate and executive levels. Most programs take less than a year to complete, but some are provided in self-paced formats and allow students to take up to five years to complete all course requirements.
There are also online degree programs that include internet marketing coursework. At the undergraduate level, it is possible to earn an online associate's degree in digital marketing or to take internet marketing courses within a broader bachelor's degree program in marketing. Graduate students can earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in Internet Marketing, which consists of a core of foundational business coursework alongside internet marketing-specific classes.
Online marketing programs are readily available at all academic levels. Students will learn about various aspects of the marketing field, including search engine optimization, consumer behavior and social media marketing.