Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
Office manager training courses are offered by many trade schools and colleges as part of their online programs. These courses may be offered individually for those wishing to enhance their existing skills or as part of certificate or undergraduate degree programs in office administration or management. Career opportunities can include executive secretary, administrative assistant and office manager.
Beyond an updated computer and a high-speed Internet connection, students taking online office courses may need office-related software, such as Microsoft Word, and specialty software. Textbooks may also be required for some courses.
Online Office Manager Courses
The descriptions below highlight the curriculum of commonly offered online office manager courses.
- Administrative Office Management Course: This course provides student with the skills required to manage an office in a variety of business settings. Students learn and discuss various topics, including employee supervision, office procedures, time management and team building.
- Office Specialist Course: Students are introduced to the duties of an office management specialist. Training can include records management, office computation, editing and proofreading, document processing, and Internet research techniques.
- Business Organization Course: This course provides students with an understanding of how businesses are organized, with emphasis on business concepts and terminology. Students learn how to successfully manage within an organizational system.
- Medical Office Management Course: Medical office management courses are tailored for students interested in working in a medical environment, such as a physician's office, clinic or hospital. Students learn medical terminology, insurance practices and billing methods.
- Legal Office Administration Course: Students learn various aspects of working within a legal office. Topics include legal office procedures, records management, legal terminology and legal transcription.
- Business Communications Course: In this course, students hone their written and verbal communication skills, which are critical for an office administrator. Courses explore the best practices of business communications, including creating and delivering effective presentations and writing business reports.