Salary Scale for Biotechnology Majors with a 4-Year Degree
Biotechnology is a rapidly expanding field that utilizes organisms for technological advancement in medicine, agriculture and other fields. Salaries for biotechnology majors vary depending on industry, employer and years of experience. Learn more about these ranges below.
What Salary Can I Expect to Earn with a 4-Year Biotechnology Degree?
Biotechnology is necessary to companies that develop herbicides and pesticides, pharmaceuticals, energy, agriculture, industrial chemicals, food production, genetic engineering and livestock production. While biotechnology majors have many industries from which to choose, many become research associates. Below is salary information for biotechnology research associates by degree, employer, industry and years of experience.
Biotechnology Research Associate Salary by Degree
According to PayScale.com, the 10th to 90th percentile salaries as of August 2014 for biotechnology research associates according to degree was as follows:
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology: $47,706-$63,001
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: $34,278-$60,917
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: $38,000-$71,322
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry: $36,000-$86,282
Biotechnology Salary by Years of Experience
PayScale.com estimated the salaries of research associates in biotechnology by level of work experience. Below are median salaries as of August 2014:
- Entry-level: $45,831
- Mid-career: $55,499
- Experienced: $64,443
Biotechnology Salary by Employer
Many research companies, private firms, hospitals, universities, government agencies and other organizations hire former biotechnology majors. Below is a list of five prominent employers in the biotechnology field, along with the 10th to 90th percentile salary range, according to PayScale.com as of August 2014.
|Merck & Co., Inc.||Pharmaceuticals||$55,624-$121,844|
|Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research||Pharmaceuticals||$56,460 -$127,500|
|Pfizer, Inc.||Pharmaceuticals||$54,631 - $146,363|
Related to Salary Scale for Biotechnology Majors with a 4-Year Degree
- Recently Updated
Students interested in studying biotechnology in San Diego have many schools to choose from. Read about the top local schools'...
Numerous schools across the U.S. offer bachelor's degrees and advanced master's degrees in medical biotechnology. Deciding on...
Prepare to earn an associate's degree in biotechnology. Read on for program details and course requirements. Discover the...
Find out how to become a biotech biologist. Research the education and training requirements and learn about the experience you...
- Be a Biotechnology Technician: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Graduate Biotechnology Programs: Overview by Level
- Biotechnology Careers: Options and Requirements
- Top School in Arlington, VA, for a Software Engineering Degree
- Nursing Careers in Pediatric Oncology: Options and Requirements
- Transition Coordinator: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Sports Medicine - Physical Therapist: Education and Career Overview
- Biotechnology Researcher: Job Description, Duties, Salary and Outlook
- Biotechnology Degree, Certificate and Certification Program Overviews
- Wardrobe Specialist: Education Requirements and Career Info
- Career Information for a Degree in Mental Health Services
- Medical Claims Processor: Job Description, Duties and Requirements