Students may enroll in diploma, certificate and associate degree programs in heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration technology. These programs are available across the U.S. through community and technical colleges.
10 Schools with Heating and Air-conditioning Programs
These schools offer accredited heating and air conditioning programs.
|College/University||Location||Institution Type||Degrees Offered||Tuition and Fees 2015-2016*|
|Eastern Florida State College||Cocoa, FL||4-year, Public||Certificate||$2,496 in-state
|Austin Community College District||Austin, TX||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$2,550 in-district
|Pima Community College||Tucson, AZ||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$1,974 in-state
|North Seattle College||Seattle, WA||4-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$4,458 in-state
|Richland Community College||Decatur, IL||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$3,744 in-district
|Riverside City College||Riverside, CA||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$1,426 in-state
|Lone Star College System||The Woodlands, TX||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$1,504 in-district
|Tarrant County College District||Fort Worth, TX||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$1,320 in-district
|Houston Community College System||Houston, TX||2-year, Public||Certificate||$1,632 in-district
|Northern Virginia Community College||Annandale, VA||2-year, Public||Certificate, Associate's||$5,138 in-state
Source: *National Center for Education Statistics
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Construction Management and Trades
- Electrical Repair and Maintenance
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation, and Refrigeration Maintenance
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance
- Leatherworking and Upholstery
- Precision Metal Working
- Precision Systems Maintenance
- Vehicle Repair and Maintenance
School Selection Criteria
When choosing a school, prospective students should keep in mind these important considerations:
- Pay attention to the varied areas of study that can accompany heating and cooling curricula to see which schools offer programs that are of interest to you.
- Diploma and certificate programs may be offered as semester- or year-long options, and associate degree programs take longer to complete. Choose the one that best fits your needs.
- It may be beneficial to pick a school that prepares students for licensing and certification exams.
- Consider hands-on opportunities such as internships or professional experiences.
Diploma in Heating, Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
Diploma programs in heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration may take anywhere from one semester to one year to complete. Students may need to complete an internship to fulfill program requirements.
Certificate in Heating, Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
Certificate programs may be completed in one semester or a series of semesters, depending on the intensity of the curriculum. Some general education courses may be offered, such as mathematics and communications, but students focus heavily on residential and commercial air-conditioning, heating systems and electrical currents. Students may have the option to participate in supervised work experiences.
Associate Degree in Heating, Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
Associate degree programs take two years to complete and may offer the widest variety of coursework, including integration of other technical subjects such as electrical construction. Students may be required to complete an internship in the field.
When considering a heating and cooling program, prospective students should look for accredited programs that will prepare them for licensure. They should also consider schools that offer hands-on experience or internships.