Pharmaceutical sales representatives attend conferences, provide samples and take orders for pharmaceutical products. Certificates in the field are available and offered through a university's continuing education department.
Schools Offering Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Programs
These schools offer online pharmaceutical sales representative training programs.
|College/University||Location||Institution Type||Degrees Offered||Tuition and Fees 2015-2016*|
|University of Richmond||Online||4-year, Public||Certificate||$1,795|
|University of Central Florida||Online||4-year, Public||Certificate||$1,795|
|Western Michigan University||Online||4-year, Public||Certificate||$1,795|
|Rutgers University||Online||4-year, Private||Certificate||$ 2,405|
|Midwestern State University||Online||4-year, Public||Certificate||$1,595|
|University of Texas--Arlington||Online||4-year, Public||Certificate||$1,795|
|Middlesex Community College||Online||2-year, Public||Certificate||N/A|
|Florida International University||Online||4-year, Public||Certificate||$1795|
Source: *School websites
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Merchandising and Buying
- Merchandising Marketing, Sales, and Distribution
- Retail Operations Management
- Sales Operations
School Selection Criteria
Here are some things to consider when choosing a program:
- Determine whether a program's curriculum complies with the National Association of Pharmaceutical Representatives (NAPRx), which offers certification and may boost employment chances.
- Since most programs are online, students should decide whether that learning format coheres with their personality and work style.
- Sales training should form part of the curriculum, since public speaking, persuasion and interpersonal relationship-building all comprise part of a sales representative's career.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Certificate Program
Certificate programs for pharmaceutical sales can require up to one year of study. The NAPRx-approved curriculum consists of 14 topics covering drug research and development processes, anatomy, clinical pharmacology and therapeutic cases. Schools are individually permitted to divide and teach these 14 topics, but the majority of programs are uniform in their curriculum.
Aspiring pharmaceutical sales representatives should look for accredited programs that offer training in sales. Students should also consider whether an online training program will suit their learning style.