Education Portal is now! We still offer the same great content and features, with more added every day, just under a new name. Learn more x

Schools for Aspiring Property Claims Adjusters

Property claims adjusters evaluate insurance claims to determine if and how much money should be paid to claimants. They investigate claims by interviewing claimants, witnesses and any other relevant parties. They also consult hospital and legal records and inspect any damage to property. Many schools in the nation offer training and degree programs suitable for aspiring property claims adjusters.

View 19 Popular Schools »

How to Choose a Property Claims Adjuster School

Aspiring property claims adjusters can consider enrolling in training options such as stand-alone claims adjuster courses or bachelor's degree programs in risk management and insurance. These programs are commonly available at community colleges and 4-year schools.

Summary of Important Considerations

  • Program level
  • Eligibility for licensure

Program Level

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), a high school diploma is the minimum educational requirement for an entry-level job as a claims adjuster. Individuals considering postsecondary training options in this area might want to look at how much time they're willing to invest before deciding on which type of program they'd like to enter. Claims adjuster courses can take a matter of days or weeks to complete. Bachelor's degree programs, on the other hand, typically require four years of full-time study.

Eligibility for Licensure

In some states, practicing claims adjusters need to become licensed. Individuals might want to seek out schools with programs that can prepare them to meet educational prerequisites or prepare them to pass required examinations.

Overview of Property Claims Adjuster Programs

Claims Adjuster Course

Individual claims adjuster courses are typically offered by community colleges' continuing education departments. Instruction can consist of anywhere from around 20 to 40 contact hours, and may be delivered on campus or online. Many of these programs focus on preparing graduates to meet state requirements for licensure, and applicants often only need to complete an application; some schools require applicants to have a high school diploma or GED. Topics of study can include:

  • Insurance concepts
  • Property liability
  • State insurance regulations

Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management and Insurance

Bachelor's degree programs in risk management and insurance are for students who want to gain an advanced knowledge of the insurance industry. Students learn to manage and assess risks in health, life, personal and property insurance. They also study business, finance and marketing in addition to the following topics:

  • Property insurance claims
  • Commercial liability
  • Insurance law
Show me popular schools

Related to Schools for Aspiring Property Claims Adjusters

  • Related
  • Recently Updated
  • Popular
Salary and Career Info for Claims Processors

Claims processors require no formal education. Learn about the training, job duties and other requirements to see if this is...

Claims Analyst: Job Duties & Career Information

Insurance companies employ claims analysts to review claims filed by policyholders for completeness and accuracy, as well as to...

Health Claims Examiner: Trade School Diploma Overview

Students in Health Claims Examiner Diploma programs learn to interact with patients, medical professionals and insurance...

Health Claims Examiner Jobs: Career Options and Requirements

Health claims examiners require no formal education. Learn about educational information, job duties and career options as...

Job Description of an Insurance Claims Specialist

Popular Schools

Popular Schools

Avg. Wages For Related Jobs

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics