Schools with Copy Machine Repair Programs: How to Choose
Students interested in copy machine repair careers may consider accredited training programs that offer in-depth classroom instruction, as well as hands-on training or lab work. They can get this education through certificate and degree programs in electrical and electronics technology.
How to Select a Copy Machine Repair Program
Electrical technology programs prepare students for entry-level tasks in a variety of repair or technician job titles, including copy machine repair. Many employers require a 2-year degree; however, certificate programs and manufacturer-sponsored training courses are also an option. Programs are available at various 2-year colleges.
Summary of considerations:
- Students may want to ensure their school has been accredited by a legitimate regional or national agency.
- Curriculum should emphasize the development of a student's ability to reason, analyze and troubleshoot and offer a broad-based core of courses, including basic electricity, microprocessors and digital concepts.
- The facilities should feature state-of-the-art testing equipment and tools, as well as a variety of classes in basic electricity and digital concepts.
- Students may want to consider whether a program will prepare them for certification.
Copy Machine Repair Program Overviews
Certificate in Electronics Technology
Community or technical colleges often offer a certificate program in electronics technology or a related curriculum. These programs take approximately 2-3 semesters to complete and prepare students to work as skilled inspectors, testers or technicians on a variety of electronic equipment. Coursework includes:
- Basic electrical techniques
- Basic assembly skills
Associate Degree in Electrical Technology
Associate degree programs generally take two years to complete. These programs prepare students to become skilled technicians who are qualified to design, install, test, repair and modify electronic components, including copy machines. Coursework covers:
- Mechanical physics
- Digital electronics
10 Copy Machine Repair Schools
|Lansing Community College||2-year, Public|
|Manchester Community College||2-year, Public|
|Northampton Community College||2-year, Public|
|Gateway Community College||2-year, Public|
|Monroe Community College||2-year, Public|
|Long Beach City College||2-year, Public|
|Wallace Community College||2-year, Public|
|Metropolitan Community College||2-year, Public|
|Virginia Highlands Community College||2-year, Public|
|Hinds Community College||2-year, Public|