The Best Online Journalism Schools: List of Universities
A journalism program may focus on written journalism, broadcast journalism or photojournalism. A small number of universities in the U.S. have journalism programs that can be completed online. Get ranking information and program details for the best schools with online journalism programs.
Two of the best schools for studying journalism online are the University of Massachusetts (UMass) - Amherst and the University of Missouri (UM). UMass - Amherst has an undergraduate degree offering, and UM has opportunities for those seeking a graduate degree in journalism online. To learn more, continue reading.
Top Online Journalism Programs
1. University of Massachusetts - Amherst
UMass - Amherst was ranked 99th among national universities in 2010 by U.S. News & World Report. The 'University Without Walls' at UMass - Amherst offers a bachelor's degree with a concentration in journalism studies through its distance learning program. The online program includes coursework in digital journalism, online research, sports and travel writing, war reporting and interviewing skills.
2. University of Missouri in Columbia, MO
UM's distance learning graduate program in journalism is directed toward professionals with at least three years of journalistic experience and offers a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Journalism. Students of the 2-year program can select from 23 areas of concentration, including magazine editing, news production, environmental reporting and public policy journalism. The distance learning program at UM also offers a Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Journalism for those interested in teaching journalism.
Good Schools with Online Journalism Programs
|University of Massachusetts - Amherst||School offers a five-course, non-degree-granting online certificate in journalism with areas of study such as travel writing, sports writing, photojournalism and public relations in addition to the online bachelor's program||Amherst, MA|
|University of Missouri||Journalism program is accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications||Columbia, MO|
|University of Nebraska - Lincoln||Online M.A. program in journalism and mass communication available with specializations in integrated media communications, media studies and professional journalism; accredited program||Lincoln, NE|
|University of North Dakota||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Communication offered with areas of focus in print journalism, media studies and public relations||Grand Forks, ND|
Related to The Best Online Journalism Schools: List of Universities
- Recently Updated
Typically, online journalism certificate programs are available at the undergraduate level as professional certificates in...
Free online courses in journalism are offered by real schools. Learn which journalism courses are available, what topics they...
The blogosphere is a natural outlet for journalists, whose mission is to share information about news and events around the...
Business journalism programs are generally offered at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, though a bachelor's degree is...
- Science Communication Careers: Job Options and Requirements
- Become a Medical Editor: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Sports Writing Careers: Job Description and Requirements
- Art History Careers: Job Options and Training Requirements
- How to Be a Promoter: Career Information by Specialization
- Doctor of Theology in Biblical Counseling: Program Overview
- Sonogram Technician: Profile of a Career in Sonography
- Financial Reporter: Salary, Requirements and Career Overview
- Online BA in Journalism: Bachelors Degree Program Overviews
- Animal Care Careers: Job Options, Duties and Requirements
- Cath Lab Technician: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Orthopaedic Technologist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements