Top Business Accounting Degree Programs - New York, NY
Many schools in the New York, NY, area have accounting programs. Read on to find out what one top school has to offer in accounting, as well as tuition and degree information.
School and Ranking Info
There are nearly 30 public and private, not-for-profit schools within ten miles of downtown New York City that offer degree programs in accounting. Based upon its rankings, program offerings and professional focus, the top school for aspiring accountants is an affordable, public college in downtown Manhattan.
- Winner: Baruch College is one of nearly two dozen schools and colleges that comprise the City University of New York (CUNY) system. Students interested in business accounting can earn a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) or a Master of Science (M.S.) in Accounting.
School Info Chart
|Category||CUNY Baruch College|
|Rankings|| #25 among Regional Universities in the North (2015);|
#4 among Top Public Schools in the North (2015);
#62 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2014);
#82 among Best Graduate Business Programs (2014);
#57 among best Part-time MBA Programs (2014)*
|Location||New York, NY|
|School Type||4-year; public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)|| Undergraduate: $6,210 (in-state);|
|Business Accounting Degree Awards Offered||Bachelor's and master's|
|Business Accounting Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||825**|
|Most Popular Business Accounting Degree in 2013||Bachelor's (620)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 entering class||67%**|
|Noteworthy||The Zicklin School of Business sponsors business case competitions, which give students the opportunity to apply academic concepts to real-life scenarios; Zicklin Center for Corporate Integrity offers conferences, lectures and round-table discussions.|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report; **NCES College Navigator.
CUNY Baruch College
- The Zicklin School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Eligible students can earn both a BBA and an M.S. in Accounting in five years
- Both the MBA and M.S. in Accounting programs help students prepare for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam
- Access to Midtown Manhattan and Wall Street helps to facilitate internship, career and professional networking opportunities for students
CUNY Baruch College serves over 17,000 students per year at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and its Zicklin School of Business is the largest college business school in the country. In 2014, Baruch College made the Forbes edition of 'America's Top Colleges', as well as Money magazine's survey of 'Best Colleges.' For the same year, Baruch College was identified as a 'Best Value College' by The Princeton Review. Common topics found in both the undergraduate and graduate programs include economics, information systems and taxation.
In the BBA in Accounting program, undergraduates take core courses in business law, management and marketing, as well as upper-level courses in auditing and finance. The MBA program is targeted towards students who did not major in business and is available in full-time, accelerated part-time and flex-time formats. Core coursework covers topics in business communication and policy, financial accounting and decision making, management and statistical analysis. The M.S. in Accounting program is the most expedient way for undergraduates who majored in business to qualify for the CPA exam.
Related to Top Business Accounting Degree Programs - New York, NY
- Recently Updated
Learn about the business accounting technology associate's degree program. Read on for educational prerequisites, program...
ABA programs in accounting generally require two years of full-time study to complete and are offered through community...
Because it is a core function of any business, accounting is taught as part of business degree programs. Business accounting...
A Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting is a widely available program that can lead to numerous certifications and...
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): Accounting Degree Overview
- Top Ranked Business Accounting Degree Programs - Nashville, TN
- Top Degree Programs for Business Accounting - San Antonio, TX
- AAS in Emergency Medical Services: Degree Overview
- Administrative Accountant: Career School Diploma Program Summary
- Associate of Network Systems Engineer: Degree Overview
- Home Health Care Nursing Certification and Diploma Programs
Perfect School Search
- A - G
- H - N
- P - W
- Nearby States