Top Degree Programs in Graphic Design and Multimedia - Denver, CO
Eight schools in the Denver, CO, area have top ranking graphic design and multimedia programs. Read on to find out what one top school has to offer for graphic design and multimedia, as well as tuition and degree information.
School and Ranking Info
Among the eight schools in Denver, CO, that offer programs in graphic design and multimedia are five for-profit institutions, a community college and two private, not-for-profit colleges. The larger of the not-for-profit institutions ranked among the top 100 national universities in the country for 2015, according to U.S. New & World Report, and includes a professionally accredited art school that offers both undergraduate and graduate programs in graphic design and multimedia.
- Winner: The University of Denver is a research-intensive school and the oldest private institution in the Rocky Mountains. Undergraduate graphic design and multimedia programs here lead to a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Emergent Digital Media; graduate students can earn a Master of Arts or Master of Fine Arts in the same area.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Denver|
|Rankings||#88 among National Universities (2015);|
#145 among Graduate Fine Arts Schools (2014)*
|School Type||4-year; private, not-for-profit|
|Tuition and Fees (2013-2014)||Undergraduate: $40,707**|
|Graphic Design and Multimedia Degrees Offered||Bachelor's and master's|
|Graphic Design and Multimedia Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||32**|
|Most Popular Graphic Design and Multimedia Program in 2012-2013||Bachelor's (13 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||78%**|
|Noteworthy||The National Association of Schools of Art and Design accredits the emergent digital practices programs at the School of Art and Art History|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report; **NCES College Navigator.
University of Denver
- Undergraduates in the emergent digital practices program may be eligible for an internship
- CO-LAB open forum for art, design and media students
- Students at the School of Art and Art History can study abroad
- Visual Media Center provides students with access to more than 50,000 electronic images
The University of Denver has an annual student enrollment of about 11,800 and a low student-faculty ratio of 11:1. In addition to its U.S. News & World Report rankings, the university placed fourth on the Forbes list of Colorado schools for 2013. The university has nearly a dozen undergraduate and graduate colleges and schools, including the Division of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. The latter is home to the School of Art and Art History, which offers undergraduate and/or graduate programs in conservation, emergent digital practices, museum studies or studio art, among other closely related fields.
Both the BA and the BFA in Emergent Digital Practices programs help students prepare for careers as interaction or interactive exhibit designers, art directors or game developers, in addition to other similar positions. Coursework relevant to graphic design and multimedia may cover topics in 3-D animation and modeling, interactive and video arts, motion graphics and typography. Additional requirements for the Bachelor of Arts include a dual degree, minor or second major in another field of study. Similar course topics can be found in the 48-credit Master of Arts and 92-credit Master of Fine Arts programs; independent graduate work may culminate in a project, thesis or exhibition.
Related to Top Degree Programs in Graphic Design and Multimedia - Denver, CO
- Recently Updated
An online Associate of Graphic Design and Multimedia program can show students how to create precise, accurate digital models,...
Students interested in studying graphic design and multimedia in Fort Worth, TX, have few schools to choose from. Read about...
Cheyenne, WY, only has a few schools with programs in graphic design and multimedia. Find the best program for you by reading...
Learn how to become a graphic design specialist. Research the education requirements, training information, and experience...
- Top School in St. Louis for a Graphic Design Career
- 3D Graphic Design: Training Requirements and Career Information
- Graphic Design: Vocational School Diploma Overview
- Top School in Chattanooga, TN, for Teacher Education
- What Is a Plant Electrician?
- Best Free Online Video Lectures: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Idaho (ID): University and College System
Perfect School Search
- Colorado Cities
- Nearby States