Top Design Technology and Architectural Drafting School - Nashville, TN
Students interested in studying design technology and architectural drafting in Nashville, TN, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about a top local school's programs, tuition and ranking info to help find the right one for you.
School and Ranking Information
Design technology and architectural drafting programs in Nashville, TN, are offered primarily by community colleges or technical institutes. Based on ranking and student population, the following college is considered a top school in Nashville for design technology and architectural drafting studies:
- Winner: Nashville State Community College is the largest higher education institution in terms of enrollment providing design technology and architectural drafting programs in the city. Students can pursue a technical certificate in computer-aided drafting (CAD) or an associate's degree in architectural engineering technology.
School Info Chart
|Category||Nashville State Community College|
|Ranking||Placed 2nd as 'Best Place for Continuing Education' in the Best of Nashville Reader's Poll, Nashville Scene (2012)*|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $3,561 (in state); $14,001 (out-of-state)**|
|Design Technology and Architectural Drafting Programs Offered||Certificate and associate's degree|
|Design Technology and Architectural Drafting Certificates and Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||13**|
|Most Popular Design Technology and Architectural Drafting Award in 2012-2013||Certificate (13 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 Entering Class||12%**|
|Noteworthy||Associate's degree program in architectural, civil and engineering technology accredited by the Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)|
Sources: *Nashville State Community College; **NCES College Navigator
Nashville State Community College
- Certificate students can choose full- or part-time studies
- Design technology and architectural drafting studies combine classes with hands-on lab experiences
- Capstone includes resume preparation, mock interview and community service event
Nashville State Community College (NSCC) enrolls more than 10,000 students and consists of six campuses. It offers more than 80 programs of study resulting in technical certificates or 2-year degrees. The Business, Applied Arts and Technology Division at NSCC offers an associate's degree program in architectural engineering technology and a 1-year Computer-Aided Drafting Technical Certificate program.
The Associate of Applied Science in Architectural, Civil and Construction Engineering Technology program aims to prepare students to work on projects in the fields of civil, construction and architectural engineering, such as building water and waste systems, planning fundamental sites, and working on a variety of building construction plans. Students are given the option of selecting either the Civil and Construction Concentration or the Architectural Concentration. Coursework may consist of classes such as history of architecture, commercial building codes and 3-D design.
Geared toward those who wish to master valuable drafting skills while in the pursuit of industry employment, the Technical Certificate in Computer-Aided Drafting program helps students develop knowledge of 2-D and 3-D drafting software. The program of study includes courses like construction materials and methods, introduction to AutoCad and digital electronics.
Related to Top Design Technology and Architectural Drafting School - Nashville, TN
- Recently Updated
Discover which top schools offer degrees in CAD drafting and design technology. Read brief summaries of the programs at three...
San Antonio, TX has few schools with programs in CAD drafting and design technology. Find the best program for you by reading...
Learn about certificate and associate's degree programs that cover architectural drafting technology. Continue reading for...
Students interested in studying design technology and CAD drafting in San Diego, CA, have only a few schools to choose from....
- Top CAD Drafting & Architectural Design Degrees in Fort Worth
- Best CAD Drafting & Architectural Design Degrees in Long Beach, CA
- Associate of Interior Design Technology: Degree Overview
- Financial Examiner: Career Information and Education Requirements
- Hospitality Administration Careers: Salary Info, Job Options & Requirements
- Personal Care Aide: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Be a Computer Specialist: Salary and Career Specialization Information
Perfect School Search
- Tennessee Cities
- Nearby States