Top Health Care Administration Master's Programs - Dallas, TX
Students interested in earning a master's degree in health care administration in Dallas, TX, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local schools' degree programs, tuition and ranking info to find the right one for you.
School and Ranking Information
Health care administration studies at schools in and around Dallas, TX, are mainly standalone programs, though they can also be found as areas of concentration within business administration or management programs. The following schools are considered the top three in the region for studying health care administration, based on rankings/distinctions, student populations and number of degrees awarded:
- Winner: The University of Texas at Dallas is the top school in the Dallas area for master's degree studies in health care administration because it's the only one of the three with a national ranking for 2015.
- Runner Up #1: The University of Texas at Arlington is the first runner up because it is the largest university in terms of student enrollment in the Dallas area to grant a master's degree in health care administration. It also awarded the highest number of these degrees in the area in 2012-2013.
- Runner Up #2: Landing in the third spot is Dallas Baptist University. It is the only school located directly in the city to offer master's degrees in this field of study. It also has a regional ranking for 2015.
School Comparison Chart
|Category||University of Texas at Dallas||University of Texas at Arlington||Dallas Baptist University|
|Rankings/Distinctions||#145 (tie) Best National Universities (2015)*||Named a 'Best in the West' university by The Princeton Review (2014)**||#35 (tie) among Best Regional Universities in the West (2015)*|
|Location||Richardson, TX||Arlington, TX||Dallas, TX|
|School Type||4-year, public||4-year, public||4-year, private not-for-profit|
|Graduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$11,940 (in-state), $21,606 (out-of-state)***||$8,000 (in-state), $14,372 (out-of-state)||$13,710***|
|Health Care Administration Master's Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||59***||64***||0***|
|Noteworthy||Graduate business school ranked #37 among national universities (2014)*||One of the largest master's degree programs in health care administration in the U.S.**||Offers two options for master's-level studies in health care administration|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report; **University of Texas at Arlington; ***NCES College Navigator
Winner: University of Texas at Dallas
- Up to 60% of the master's degree program in health care administration can be completed online
- Students can join the Healthcare Management Club, which offers networking and guest speaker events
- School of Management operates the Career Management Center
Through the Naveen Jindal School of Management, the University of Texas at Dallas offers a Master of Science in Health Care Management. The 36-credit program can be completed in 18-24 months. Students can concentrate in health care informatics, health care internal auditing, health care quality management or health care operations. Qualified students who have completed at least 12 credits of the program may be eligible to participate in a 3-credit internship at a health care organization.
Runner-Up #1: University of Texas at Arlington
- Master's degree program in health care administration is a cohort-based program
- Classes offered in accelerated 5-7 week sessions
- Volunteer and internship opportunities available at area hospitals
Students of the Master of Science in Health Care Administration program take courses addressing health care financial management, human resources management, information systems, marketing, and quality assessment. An overview of health care administration offers study in health care regulations, health care laws, reimbursement systems and trends in the field.
Runner-Up #2: Dallas Baptist University
- Both master's degree programs in health care management are offered online
- Offers students the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art technologies within the health care industry
Through its College of Business, Dallas Baptist University offers two graduate programs related to health care administration: a Master of Business Administration with a concentration in health care management and a Master of Arts in Management with a concentration in health care management. The programs consist of 24 credit hours of core courses in business administration or management. In addition, students must complete 12 credits of health care management courses. Among these required courses is a 3-credit capstone experience that includes a practicum and submission of a paper.
Related to Top Health Care Administration Master's Programs - Dallas, TX
- Recently Updated
Earning a bachelor's degree in health care administration requires study in many disciplines, including health care services,...
Read a program overview and browse course topics to discover what students learn when pursuing an associate's degree in health...
There are many schools within a 50-mile radius of Anaheim, CA, that offer healthcare administration degrees. Read about the top...
Students interested in studying health care administration in Fort Wayne, IN, have only a few schools to choose from. Read...
- Home Health Care Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Certified Health Care Auditor: Education and Career Roadmap
- Certification Options for Health Care Providers
- Health Records Technician: Diploma Program Summary
- Bachelor of Yacht & Marine Design: Degree Overview
- Alternative Healing Careers: Education Requirements and Job Options
- AOS in Dental Office Administration: Degree Overview
Perfect School Search
- A - F
- G - N
- O - W
- Nearby States