Top Medical Assisting School - Cincinnati, OH
Students interested in studying medical assisting in Cincinnati, OH, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about one top local school's degree programs and tuition info to find the right one for you.
School and Ranking Information
Five public schools and one private school offer degrees related to medical assisting in the Cincinnati area. The following school is the top pick for the area based on number of programs available and course flexibility:
- Winner: Cincinnati State Technical and Community College in Cincinnati, OH, provides a certificate program in medical assisting and an Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Management (HIM).
School Info Chart
|Category||Cincinnati State Technical and Community College|
|School Type||2-year; public|
|Tuition & Fees (2014-2015)||Undergrad: $3,745 (in-state); $7,232 (out-of-state)*|
|Medical Assisting and Related Degrees Offered||Certificate; Associate's|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 Entering Class||16%*|
|Noteworthy||The health information management program is accredited by CAHIIM; the medical assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs**|
Sources: *NCES College Navigator, **Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
- All the core courses for the HIM program are offered online
- Students who complete the HIM program can take the American Health Management Association's Registered Health Information Technician certification exam
- Graduates of the medical assistant certificate program can take the Certified Medical Assistant exam
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College has locations in Cincinnati, Harrison and Middletown, Ohio. The college offers more than 100 degree programs and belongs to the National Network of Health Career Programs in Two-Year Colleges. Roughly 26% of students at Cincinnati State enroll in health care programs, making those more popular than any other programs at the school. The Health and Public Safety Division offers the medical assistant certificate and an associate's degree in health information management.
The 36-credit medical assistant certificate program includes a supervised clinical practicum as well as classroom lectures. Courses cover medical terminology, health care informatics, clinical procedures, lifespan development, human disease and pharmacology. Students also take courses in billing and reimbursement procedures for medical offices, coding and insurance.
Students in the health information management associate's program learn to maintain and manage health care records and information resources. Subjects taught in the program include anatomy and physiology, database management, ICD coding, healthcare reimbursement and CPT coding. The program also includes a practicum experience and a certification exam review course.
Related to Top Medical Assisting School - Cincinnati, OH
- Recently Updated
Read information about advanced medical assisting studies at the associate's degree level. Find curricula details, continuing...
Few schools in the Knoxville, TN, area have top ranking medical assisting programs. Read on to find out more about what these...
Earning a medical assistant associate degree can be the first step toward a career that's in high demand. You can get...
Degrees in medical biochemistry typically cover biology and medicine topics. Find out about the curricula of these programs,...
- Be a Medical Investigator: Course and Training Requirements
- Medical Psychology: Career Options, Job Duties and Requirements
- Become a Medical Editor: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Certificate in Negotiation Essentials: Program Summary
- Georgia (GA): Colleges and Universities
- Stage Manager Duties, Education Requirements and Career Info
- Food Protection Training Program and Career Information
- Medical Technician - EMT - Paramedic Career Education Overview
- Medical Optics Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Engineering Design Career Requirements and Information
- Medical Laboratory Scientist: Salary, Requirements and Career Overview
- Careers in Environmental Geography: Job Options and Requirements
Perfect School Search
- A - C
- D - N
- R - Y
- Nearby States