Although bachelor's degrees can be found for logistics and supply chain management, this field is typically studied at the graduate level. Students who wish to pursue a master's degree in this discipline have several online options at top schools.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
Indiana University - Bloomington (IU), Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) and Central Michigan University all offer online master's programs in logistics and supply chain management. These schools are notable for their high U.S. News & World Report 2017 rankings or program history and affiliations. Details on their programs and a list of other online options for this field of study are provided below.
Indiana University - Bloomington in Bloomington, IN
|School Highlight: IU's online MBA program was ranked #2 by U.S. News & World Report for 2017, and its online non-MBA graduate business program was ranked #1.|
Among Indiana University's online programs is the Master of Science in Global Supply Chain Management. This program requires 30 credit hours and is designed to be completed in 15 months to five years of online study. Students must take the 3-credit Supply Chain Overview course in the fall of year one as an on-campus residency session. In conjunction with the online M.S. in Global Supply Chain Management offered by IU, students can pursue a dual MS/MBA dual degree.
Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne, FL
|School Highlight: FIT has coordinated with the Army Logistics University and Defense Acquisition University to train military logisticians in coordination for more than 40 years.|
A program leading to a Master of Science in Logistics Management is offered by the FIT's Extended Studies Division. It is available online or at one of the ten affiliated sites in Florida, Alabama, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia. Courses include traffic management, materials acquisition management and management of assets. Students may also choose to specialize in humanitarian and disaster relief logistics. Graduates of FIT's MS in Logistics Management program could find opportunities in industries that include warehousing logistics, business logistics, military logistics and humanitarian assistance and disaster relief.
Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, MI
|School Highlight: The emphasis in logistics management can be pursued online either as a graduate certificate or as an emphasis within the online MBA program.|
In the school's online MBA in Logistics Management program, students take advanced courses in general business as well as specific courses in logistics management. The degree culminates in a final MBA project. The school also offers an online Graduate Certificate in Acquisitions Administration. Students take two required courses in purchasing strategy and contract administration. Then, they can choose between a variety of elective courses, which cover topics such as management, quality control, government acquisitions and regulatory processes. For 2017, the school was was ranked #36 among online MBA programs.
Top Online Logistics Programs
Here are some more of the best online logistics programs:
- George Mason University in Fairfax, VA, offers an online Purchasing & Supply Chain Management Certificate that helps prepare graduates for the Certified Purchasing Manager certification process.
- Pennsylvania State University in University Park, PA, which is highly ranked for its supply chain/logistics graduate programs, offers online students the opportunity to learn from the same faculty members who teach on-campus in the Sneal School of Business.
- At the University of Nebraska - Lincoln, a graduate certificate in supply chain management systems is offered in a distance learning format through this school's College of Business Administration.
- Through the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, graduate certificates can be earned online from this school in global apparel supply chain management or in supply chain, logistics and transportation management.
Students who want to study logistics can find master's degree programs, including MBA options, and graduate certificates offered in an online format through well-regarded universities.