Top Ranked Degree Programs for Medical Assisting - Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville, FL, has many schools with programs in medical assisting. Find the best program for you by reading about schools' rankings, program offerings and tuition info.
School and Ranking Information
The majority of schools in the Jacksonville, FL, area offering certificate or degree programs in medical assisting are for-profit institutions; however, one public school is available. Based on student population, school type and tuition, the following college is considered a top school in Jacksonville for medical assisting:
- Winner: Florida State College at Jacksonville is the only 4-year public institution within 25 miles of Jacksonville that offers studies in medical assisting. It is also the largest school in terms of student population with this type of program in the area. Students can earn a Workforce Certificate in Medical Assisting at this school.
School Info Chart
|Category||Florida State College at Jacksonville|
|Ranking||#7 among associate degree producing colleges in the U.S. (2014)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $2,830 (in-state); $9,944 (out-of-state)**|
|Medical Assisting Programs Offered||Certificate|
|Medical Assisting Certificates Awarded in 2012-2013||20**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||35%**|
|Noteworthy||Largest workforce development program in the state of Florida***|
Sources: *Community College Week; **NCES College Navigator; ***Florida State College at Jacksonville
Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Program combines classroom instruction with clinical rotations in local health care settings
- Medical assisting program prepares students to take national certification exams
- School has one of the most affordable tuition rates for U.S. colleges
Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) is a 4-year public college that primarily offers associate's degree programs. Formerly known as Florida Community College at Jacksonville, FSCJ offers a medical assisting program through a division known as Florida Coast Career Tech. Florida Coast Career Tech's health care department also offers programs in practical nursing, dental assisting, surgical technology, patient care technology and other subjects.
In the 10-month Workforce Certificate in Medical Assisting program, students train to work in private medical offices, hospitals, care centers and clinics. They also study legal and ethical aspects of medical care, how to address patients' needs and effective communication between doctors, patients and other staff. After completing prerequisite courses in language, reading and mathematics, participants take courses addressing health delivery systems, disease and wellness, nutrition, anatomy and physiology, X-ray procedures and treatment of minor wounds and illnesses. Courses in EKG and phlebotomy techniques and medical office administration are also taken.
Related to Top Ranked Degree Programs for Medical Assisting - Jacksonville, FL
- Recently Updated
The Nashville area has many schools with programs in medical assisting. Find the best program for you by reading about schools'...
Get information on bachelor's degree completion programs in health science or a related allied health field. Read on to learn...
Few schools in the Knoxville, TN, area have top ranking medical assisting programs. Read on to find out more about what these...
Learn about certificate programs in clinical medical assisting. Read about admission requirements, as well as courses one could...
- Medical Assisting Degree Program Information
- Top Ranked School for the Medical Assisting Field - Atlanta, GA
- Associate of Specialized Business in Medical Assisting Management
- Info on Becoming an Apprentice Plumber
- Salary and Career Info for a Hotel Sales Representative
- Nuclear Medicine: Educational Requirements & Career Info
- Regional Planning Training and Career Information
Perfect School Search
- B - K
- L - O
- O - W
- Nearby States