Top Ranked Paralegal Studies Degree - Cincinnati, OH
Students interested in a career as a paralegal in the Cincinnati area have nearly a dozen options to choose from. Read about the top local school's programs, rankings, and tuition to help decide the best school for you.
School and Ranking Information
There are plenty of options for paralegal training in the Cincinnati area. Based on rankings, program offerings, and student opportunities, the following school is considered one of the top schools in the area for paralegal training:
- Winner: University of Cincinnati offers two program options in paralegal studies. The school is nationally ranked by Forbes, U.S. News and World Report, and The Princeton Review.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Cincinnati|
|Rankings||Ranked #92 in the Midwest in 2014*; Tied for #129 among national universities in 2015**|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2014-15)||$11,000 (in-state), $26,334 (out of state)**|
|Paralegal Studies Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, Certificate**|
|Paralegal Studies Degrees Awarded (all levels) in (2012-13)||54***|
|Most Popular Paralegal Studies Degree Level in 2012-13||Bachelor's***|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||58%***|
|Noteworthy||One of the few programs approved by the American Bar Association****|
Sources: *Forbes, **U.S. News and World Report, ***NCES College Navigator, ****University of Cincinnati
University of Cincinnati
- The Paralegal Studies Department requires an internship in all programs
- Students in the paralegal programs have access to the UC Law Library
- Some online and weekend classes are available
The University of Cincinnati was named as one of the Best Midwestern Colleges by the Princeton Review in 2011. As of 2013, there were more than 34,000 students enrolled, including nearly 24,000 undergraduates. The School of Paralegal Studies at the university offers two degree levels in paralegal studies: a Bachelor of Science and a certificate.
Students complete 183 credit hours in the bachelor's program, which includes courses in probate, real estate, family law, bankruptcy, corporate, litigation and intellectual property. In addition to the core paralegal courses, students must complete general education requirements and a paralegal practicum.
The certificate program is designed for individuals with a bachelor's degree. Core courses include successive courses in litigation, constitutional law and legal research. Students must complete a paralegal practicum and four paralegal specialty courses; they can choose from 11 topics, including domestic relations, constitutional law or real estate law for paralegals. In addition, students must complete a specialty elective and can choose from 12 classes, including criminal procedures, interviewing and investigating or introduction to practice management. This certificate can be completed in one year, but it doesn't transfer to law schools.
Related to Top Ranked Paralegal Studies Degree - Cincinnati, OH
- Recently Updated
Learn about the curriculum and requirements of a bachelor's degree program in paralegal studies. Explore the employment,...
Read about paralegal studies at the associate degree level. Get details about common coursework, continuing education...
Read about an associate degree program in paralegal studies. Find out what is needed to enroll, what courses are taken and what...
Research the curriculum and requirements of an associate's degree program in paralegal studies. Learn about the employment...
- Paralegal Continuing Education Options and Requirements
- Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies: Overview and Information
- Associate of Paralegal Studies: Legal Secretary Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Health Administration Degree Overview
- Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS): Marketing Degree Overview
- Rehabilitation Science Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Jobs in Occupational Safety and Health: Options and Requirements
Perfect School Search
- A - C
- D - N
- N - Y
- Nearby States