Top Ranked Psychology Degree Programs - Kansas City, MO
Students looking to study psychology in the Kansas City area have few schools from which to select. Read about the top school's degree programs, tuition and ranking information to find the right fit for you.
School and Ranking Information
There are two schools in Kansas City that offer psychology programs: one public university and one private not-for-profit college. Based on program options and school rankings, the following school is considered a top school in Kansas City for psychology degrees:
- Winner: The University of Missouri - Kansas City is both the only public school and the only institution offering multiple levels of psychology programs in this city. It offers undergraduate and graduate programs in psychology.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Missouri - Kansas City|
|Rankings||Tied for #189 for National Universities (2015)*|
|Location||Kansas City, MO|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$9,456 (in-state), $22,203 (out-of-state)**|
|Psychology Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, master's, doctorate|
|Psychology Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||121**|
|Most Popular Psychology Degree Level in 2013||Bachelor's (113 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||51%**|
|Noteworthy||Psychology graduate program ranked #158 in 2013 and clinical psychology program ranked #104 in 2012*|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator
University of Missouri - Kansas City
- The clinical doctoral program is accredited by the American Psychological Association
- This institution has had accreditation from The Higher Learning Commission since 1938
The University of Missouri - Kansas City (UMKC) was founded in 1929 and, as of fall 2013, enrolls close to 16,000 students and had a student-to-faculty ratio of 12:1. UMKC has been ranked by the Princeton Review since 2012 as a best value school. The Department of Psychology at UMKC offers a bachelor's degree, master's degree and two doctoral degrees.
Students in the Bachelor of Arts program learn experimental methods in psychological research, data analysis and various theories of psychology. Coursework includes general psychology, experimental psychology, statistics, social psychology and clinical psychology. The Master of Arts in Psychology is earned in the process of pursuing a doctoral degree. The psychology department offers a Ph.D. in both clinical psychology and experimental health psychology. UMKC's Department of Education also offers a doctorate in counseling psychology.
Related to Top Ranked Psychology Degree Programs - Kansas City, MO
- Recently Updated
Have you ever wondered what taking an online college course might be like? So did we, so we took one! But the course is now...
Well, it's all come down to this. The studying is done, the practice test is complete and the lessons are finished. It's the...
Things are coming down to the home stretch now. Time to step up the studying and really make these last lessons count! With...
For the last few weeks, we've been taking advantage of free college course material online thanks to the Open Course Library's...
- Learn Psychology in the Blogosphere: Top 10 Psychology Blogs
- Applied Psychology: Career Options, Job Duties and Requirements
- Careers in Forensic Psychology: Overview of Options
- Associate of Computer Programming: Degree Overview
- Career Information for a Degree in Sport and Fitness Management
- Custody Lawyer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Salary and Career Info for Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics
Perfect School Search
- Missouri Cities
- Nearby States
- Arnold, MO Schools
- Berkeley, MO Schools
- Cape Girardeau, MO Schools
- Columbia, MO Schools
- Earth City, MO Schools
- Fenton, MO Schools
- Independence, MO Schools
- Joplin, MO Schools
- Kansas City, MO Schools
- Kirksville, MO Schools
- Maryland Heights, MO Schools
- Maryville, MO Schools
- O'Fallon, MO Schools
- Saint Joseph, MO Schools
- Saint Louis, MO Schools
- Saint Peters, MO Schools
- Springfield, MO Schools
- Sunset Hills, MO Schools
- Warrensburg, MO Schools