Top University in Memphis for a Logistics & Supply Chain Management Degree
Few schools in the Memphis area have top ranking logistics and supply chain management programs. Read on to find out what a top school in the area has to offer for this field of study, as well as tuition and degree information.
School and Ranking Information
Students in Memphis have limited choices if they are interested in pursuing a degree program in logistics and supply chain management. Based on ranking, student population and student-to-faculty ratio, the following university is considered a top school in Memphis for studies in logistics and supply chain management:
- Winner: The University of Memphis is the only school located directly in Memphis that provides a program in logistics and supply chain management. This field of study is offered as a major within the Bachelor of Business Administration program.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Memphis|
|Ranking||#170 among universities in the South (2014)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $8,312 (in state); $23,024 (out-of-state)**|
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management Degrees Offered||Bachelor's|
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||34**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||43%**|
|Noteworthy||The university's Fogelman College of Business and Economics is the only school accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) - International in the Memphis area; the university's FedEx Center for Supply Chain Management is the only center in the nation to provide industrial/academic research focusing on cycle time issues***|
Sources: *Forbes; **NCES College Navigator, ***University of Memphis
University of Memphis
- Apt location in Memphis, TN, which is known as 'North America's Distribution Center', with four major distribution networks including the nation's largest air cargo airport and second-largest inland port
- Internship is required in the supply chain management program
- The university maintains close relationships with area businesses for guest lecturing, job fairs and curriculum development
The University of Memphis is a public research school with a student population of more than 21,000 individuals and more than 900 full-time faculty members. The school offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in over 100 subjects. Degree programs at the University of Memphis are spread across 11 schools and colleges. The Fogelman College of Business and Economics is home to the Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, which has nearly 100 full-time faculty members and, among its other undergraduate and graduate degrees, awards a bachelor's degree in logistics and supply chain management.
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Supply Chain Management program is designed to provide students with the specific training and education necessary to manage the flow of products and information between businesses. Core courses in the program cover global logistics management, operations planning, resource management, cost accounting, supply chain management strategy, potential problems in supply chain management, organizational behavior, and management of human resources. Students are also required to complete courses in current information technologies and negotiation skills so that they might better meet challenges in today's workplace.
Related to Top University in Memphis for a Logistics & Supply Chain Management Degree
- Recently Updated
Individuals who want to begin careers related to business, marketing, mathematics and solving problems may enroll in Bachelor...
Read on to learn about supply chain management programs at two top U.S. universities. Get school rankings, location info and...
Supply chain managers, also called buyers, purchasing agents and purchasing managers, are in charge of buying goods and...
Automotive supply chain courses are usually available in graduate degree programs in automotive engineering and automotive...
- How to Become a Logistics Management Specialist
- Logistics Management Consultant: Job Description and Requirements
- Associate of Supply Chain Management: Degree Overview
- Master of International Studies: Degree Overview
- Associate of Graphic Art & Design: Degree Overview
- Masters Degree in Strategy: Program Overviews
- HR Management Masters Degree Program Overviews
Perfect School Search
- Tennessee Cities
- Nearby States