Top Columbus School for a Public Administration Master's Degree
Students interested in seeking a Master of Public Administration (MPA) in Columbus, Ohio, only have one option. Read about this top school's degree program, tuition and ranking to help you decide on the school for you.
School and Ranking Information
There is only one school in Columbus offering a Master of Public Administration (MPA) program. Based on school rankings, number of MPH degrees awarded and program options, the following school is considered the best in the area for public administration programs:
- Winner: Ohio State University boasts several options for students seeking a Master of Public Administration (MPA). The John Glenn School of Public Affairs offers a 2-year MPA as well as dual degree programs in public health, business administration and economics.
School Info Chart
|Category||Ohio State University|
|Rankings||#54 among national universities (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Graduate Tuition & Fees (2014-15)||$12,425 (in-state); $30,089 (out-of-state)**|
|Public Administration Master's Degrees Awarded in (2012-13)||94**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||83%**|
|Noteworthy||Public affairs graduate program ranked #29 nationwide (2012)*|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **NCES College Navigator
Ohio State University
- MPA program includes both an internship and a capstone project
- Advisors help students secure an internship in places such as the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Ohio Attorney General's Office, the United Nations and the American Planning Association
- Public administration students have access to Glenn School sponsored events and conferences, which have included lectures from Tom Brokaw and Al Gore
Ohio State University's Columbus campus encompasses more than 1,700 acres and 451 buildings. The university offers several Master of Public Administration (MPA) program options, including a traditional 2-year MPA as well as several dual degrees. The John Glenn School of Public Affairs also offers bachelor's and doctoral degrees in public administration. A 3-year Master of Arts in Public Policy and Management is also available for those who wish to earn a degree while still working full time.
Students in the MPA program take classes and policy labs in a variety of areas, from climate change and public policy to technology management. The second year of the program allows students to concentrate on one area of interest. The school also offers students the option of earning a dual graduate degree. Student may choose to combine their MPA degree with a Master of Health Administration (MHA), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Agricultural, Environmental and Developmental (AED) Economics program or Juris Doctor (JD). The Knowlton School of Architecture has also established a dual degree partnership that allows students to earn a Master of Arts in Public Policy and Management and a Master of City and Regional Planning, and the College of Social Work offers a dual Master of Arts in Public Policy and Management and a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree.
Related to Top Columbus School for a Public Administration Master's Degree
- Recently Updated
Students who want to earn graduate degrees in public administration can find this degree program available through online...
Read about an associate degree program in public administration. Learn about the requirements for entering this program and see...
Six schools in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, area have public administration programs. Read about the top schools' degree...
Several schools near Milwaukee, WI, have top ranking master's degree programs in public administration. Read on to find out...
- Top School for a Public Administration Degree - Fremont, CA
- Top Ranked School for Public Administration - San Antonio, TX
- Top School for a Degree in Public Administration - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Degree Overview
- Airframe and Powerplant Technology Certificate: Program Summary
- International Business Career Options
- Masters Certificate in Business Marketing: Program Overview
Perfect School Search
- A - C
- D - N
- N - Y
- Nearby States