Top School for a Nursing Degree - Colorado Springs, CO
Students interested in studying nursing in Colorado Springs have a few schools to choose from. Read about the top school's degree programs, ranking and tuition info to help you decide on the school for you.
School and Ranking Information
Most of the schools offering nursing programs near Colorado Springs are 4-year for-profit institutions, and there's also a single 2-year public school. Based on school type, rankings and program offerings, the following is considered a top school in the area for a nursing degree:
- Winner: University of Colorado- Colorado Springs is the only local 4-year public institution with degrees in the field. This institution offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in nursing.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Colorado - Colorado Springs|
|Rankings||Tied at #51 for Regional Universities in the West (2015)*|
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$7,024 (in-state), $18,437 (out-of-state)**|
|Nursing Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate|
|Nursing Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||137**|
|Most Popular Nursing Degree Level in 2013||Bachelor's (106 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||46%**|
|Noteworthy||Nursing students can participate in the Beth-El Student Nurse Association***|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***UCCS website
University of Colorado - Colorado Springs
- The university's nursing degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- The nursing college has an on-site nutrition clinic where nutritional guidance and workshops are provided
- The nursing college features a cutting-edge simulation center where various manikins display a wide range of realistic conditions
University of Colorado - Colorado Springs offers more than 60 different academic programs, including nearly 40 that are at the undergraduate level. This institution enrolls more than 11,000 students. UCCS has a student-to-faculty ratio of 17 to 1. The College of Nursing and Health Sciences offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in a variety of formats, multiple Master of Science programs in nursing and a Doctorate of Nursing Practice.
Students in the traditional BSN program take courses covering pharmacology, health assessment, nutrition and statistics. The accelerated BSN is for students who have an undergraduate education in an outside discipline, and it can be completed within 16 months. Individuals who are already working as registered nurses can enroll in the online RN to BSN program offered by the nursing college. The major core for the online RN to BSN program includes research and management in the field and has a capstone requirement.
The master's programs are also offered online, including the option of a nurse practitioner oriented program or one geared toward nursing education. The master's programs share the same core, including advanced nursing and health assessment. UCCS' nursing doctorate features an online delivery. There is a 3-year doctoral plan for students with a BSN that is 72 credits long and a 35-credit program for students who hold a master's. Some doctoral courses include inferential stats and health care policy.
Related to Top School for a Nursing Degree - Colorado Springs, CO
- Recently Updated
Research the requirements to become a certified nursing administrator. Learn about the job description and duties and read the...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a holistic nurse. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become an ER nurse. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as details...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a certified nursing technician. Get a quick view of the requirements...
- New Study Proposes Sweeping Overhaul of Nursing Education
- Nursing Home Lawyer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Geriatric Nursing Assistant: Educational Requirements
- Army Careers: Salary, Job Options and Duties
- Casino and Gaming Bachelor's Degree Overview
- MBA Programs in Operations Management: Degree Overviews
- Computer Art Master's Degree Program Information
- CNA - Overview of a Certified Nursing Assistant Career
- Director of Nursing: Duties, Requirements and Responsibilities
- Careers in Plant Biology: Job Options and Degree Requirements
- Masters Degree in Human Services Management: Program Information
- Associate of Multimedia Development and Management: Degree Overview
Perfect School Search
- Colorado Cities
- Nearby States
- Arvada, CO Schools
- Aurora, CO Schools
- Broomfield, CO Schools
- Colorado Springs, CO Schools
- Denver, CO Schools
- Fort Collins, CO Schools
- Greeley, CO Schools
- Greenwood Village, CO Schools
- Lakewood, CO Schools
- Littleton, CO Schools
- Lone Tree, CO Schools
- Pueblo, CO Schools
- Thornton, CO Schools
- Westminster, CO Schools