Top Schools for Biotechnology
Learn about programs in biotechnology. Read about the degree options at three universities, and find other schools in the U.S. with biotechnology programs.
Three of the top schools for biotechnology in the U.S. include Purdue University, Oregon State University and Northwestern University. While each program is different, students may learn how to apply their understanding of biotechnology in areas related to agriculture, medicine, pharmacology and other biological sciences.
Top U.S. Schools with Biotechnology Programs
1. Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN
Purdue University is a public institution that U.S. News & World Report ranked 56th among national universities for 2011.The Industrial Technology Department in the College of Technology offers a biotechnology minor, which is overseen by a number of other university departments. Once enrolled, students gain hands-on experience and learn about biomaterials, vaccines and microbes.
2. Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR
Oregon University is a public research and land-grant institution that U.S. News & World Report ranked 74th for its chemistry program in 2011. The university offers an interdisciplinary program in bioresource research that introduces students to some of the basics of biotechnology. Course topics include general microbiology and plant tissue culture.
3. Northwestern University in Evanston, IL
Northwestern University is private research school that U.S. News & World Report ranked 12th among national universities for 2011. The university is home to a Master of Biotechnology program that integrates processing engineering and life sciences with hands-on research in the field. At the end of the program, students will be prepared to pursue a doctoral program or for work in the biotechnology industry.
Ten Good Schools with Biotechnology Programs
|Purdue University||Department of Industrial Technology offers a Biotechnology minor||West Lafayette, IN|
|Oregon State University||Bioresearch research program available||Corvallis, OR|
|Northwestern University||Master of Biotechnology program||Evanston IL|
|Stark State College of Technology||Offers distance-learning opportunities||North Canton, OH|
|Southern Illinois University Edwardsville||Bachelor's and master's degree offered||Edwardsville, IL|
|Rutgers University-New Brunswick||Research university||New Brunswick, NJ|
|Minnesota State University-Mankato||Offers internal research and grants||Mankato, MN|
|East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania||Job placement for graduates||East Stroudsburg, PA|
|CUNY York College||Teacher certification available||Jamaica, NY|
|California State Polytechnic University - Pomona||One of seven polytechnic universities in the nation||Pomona, CA|
Related to Top Schools for Biotechnology
- Recently Updated
Research the requirements to become a biotechnology technician. Learn about the job description and read the step-by-step...
Biotechnology is a wide ranging term broadly referring to the use of cellular and biomolecular processes to produce products or...
Biotechnology researchers delve into the intricacies of various plant and animal life forms at the molecular level. This...
Get information on animal biotechnology studies through bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs. Learn about...
- Become a Biotech Biologist: Education and Career Roadmap
- Biotechnologist: Job Description, Duties and Career Outlook
- Biotechnical Engineering Education and Training Program Information
- A Healing Touch: Study.com Speaks With a Massage Therapy Professor
- Career As a Police Dog Trainer: Job Options and Requirements
- Nevada (NV): Colleges and Universities
- Hotel Payroll Specialist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Health Care Consulting Job Options and Education Requirements
- List of Free Online Biotechnology Courses and Classes
- Elementary Assistant Principal: Job Description and Requirements
- Best New Face in Free Education: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Political Economics Career Options and Education Requirements