Through programs in purchasing, acquisitions and contracts management, students learn how to buy goods and services, conduct mergers and develop legally enforceable agreements between two parties.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
Three of the top schools that provide education in this area include Quinnipiac University, Central Michigan University and Greenville Technical College. Each of these programs offers a strong emphasis in purchasing, acquisitions and/or contracts management within a broader degree or certificate program.
Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT
|School Highlight: International business students at this university can select from foreign countries in which they can study abroad.|
At Quinnipiac, students can create their own individualized degree program in business and purchasing. The university also offers classes that focus on trade law, finance, logistics and international purchasing with an International Purchasing Certificate, Export Marketing Certificate, and a B.S. in International Business and Minor. Students can also choose to study abroad, in countries like Germany, Mexico, Australia, England, Ireland and Italy.
Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, MI
|School Highlight: This university offers approximately 20 undergraduate business majors, including purchasing and supply management.|
Central Michigan University (CMU) offers a B.S. in Business Administration with a major in purchasing and supply management. Other major programs provide students with the chance to examine several aspects of the purchasing field, such as strategy, management, logistics and cost accounting.
Greenville Technical College in Greenville, SC
|School Highlight: The school offers a BMW Scholars program giving students the opportunity to attend class and work at BMW.|
At Greenville Technical College, the Associate of Applied Science in Supply Chain Management program covers all aspects of supply chain management, including purchasing and management. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Top Purchasing, Acquisitions and Contracts Management Programs
Here are two more schools with focused offerings in this subject:
- The University of the District of Columbia in Washington, D.C., offers a BBA in Procurement and Public Contracting program, which helps students develop skills in purchasing management, procurement law and contract negotiation.
- At the University of Houston - Downtown in Houston, TX, the supply chain management program consults with the local chapter of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing.
Overall, when looking for instruction in purchasing, acquisitions and contract management, students can find a wide range of program options that specialize in these subjects.