Top Schools with Anesthesiologist Assistance Programs
Read about programs for anesthesiologist assistants, typically offered at the graduate level. Find information about degree options at three universities, as well as a table with-a-glance information about the four schools in the U.S. that provide training for anesthesiologist assistants.
An anesthesiologist assistant (AA) works under the direction of a licensed anesthesiologist, usually at a hospital or medical center. Professional responsibilities include developing and implementing anesthesia care plans. The three schools featured below two national universities that have received high rankings from U.S. News & World Report, as well as Nova Southeastern University, one of the largest not-for-profit postsecondary institutions in the U.S.
Top U.S. with Anesthesiologist Assistance Programs
1. Emory University in Atlanta, GA
Emory University is a private institution that ranked 20th among national universities by U.S. News & World Report in 2011. Also in 2011, the university placed among the top 50 on The Princeton Review's list of best value colleges. Emory is home to the first anesthesiologist assistant training program in the nation. The program is offered at the School of Medicine and leads to a Master of Medical Science in Anesthesiology.
2. Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH
In 2011, Case Western Reserve's undergraduate program ranked 41st among national universities, according to U.S. News & World Report. The university was the second postsecondary institution in the country to offer a program for anesthesiologist assistants, which leads to a Master of Science in Anesthesia.
3. Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) originally opened as a physical and social science graduate school and is currently the seventh largest not-for-profit university in the United States. The university offers a Master of Health Science in Anesthesiologist Assistance.
Four Good Anesthesiologist Assistance Schools in the U.S.
|Nova Southeastern University||Seventh-largest private, not-for-profit university in the U.S.||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|University of Missouri-Kansas City||Year-round admissions to the AA program||Kansas City, KS|
|Emory University||Ranked 20th on U.S. News & World Report's survey of national universities in 2011||Atlanta, GA|
|Case Western Reserve University||Faculty-to-student ratio is 1:7||Cleveland, OH|
Related to Top Schools with Anesthesiologist Assistance Programs
- Recently Updated
Working as a pediatric anesthesiologist requires significant formal education. Learn about the education, job duties and...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a cardiac anesthesiologist. Get a quick view of the requirements as...
Anesthesiologists are medical physicians who focus on pain relief and a patient's life functions during surgery. These...
Find out how to become an anesthesiologist. Research the education and training requirements and learn about the experience you...
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesiologist: Job Description & Requirements
- Anesthesiologist: Education Requirements and Career Information
- Dental Anesthesiologist: Salary, Requirements and Career Overview
- Transforming Lives with Art: Study.com Speaks with the Henry Art Gallery
- Patent Agent Certification: Information and Requirements
- Juvenile Detention Counselor: Career Information and Requirements
- Dr. Angelia Paschal of Mississippi University for Women Speaks to Study.com
- Online Anesthesiologist Assistant Degree Program Information
- Anesthesia Degree Program Overviews by Level
- Los Angeles Valley College Instructor Alexandra Lezo Wins Study.com's First Instructor Grant
- Industrial Systems Careers: Options and Requirements
- Nathan Kono, Aspiring Teachers of Color Fellowship Winner, Talks to Study.com