Tulsa, located in Tulsa County, is the second-largest city in Oklahoma. While the city of Tulsa is made up of roughly 197 square miles, the city population proper is made up of only about 399,682 in July 2014, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. According to Forbes, Tulsa's cost of living is 3.8% percent below the national average.
The following list of occupations represents the fastest growing Oklahoma career projections from 2012-2022. They are sorted in descending order and represent percentage growth for Oklahoma. Percentage growth shows how fast employment is expected to increase or decrease during a certain period; higher percentage equals faster growth.
- Personal Care and Home Health Aides
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Veterinary Techs
- Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
- Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Physical Therapist Assistants and Aides
- Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Medical Equipment Repairers
- Occupational Therapy Assistants