Online ESL and EFL Resources
Oct 15, 2014
There are many ESL and EFL resources available online. ESL stands for English as a Second Language, and EFL stands for English as a Foreign Language. The main difference between an ESL classroom and an EFL classroom is that an ESL classroom is in a country where English is the dominant language and an EFL classroom is in a country where English is not the dominant language.
Online ESL/EFL Resources
- TOEFL iBT: Test Prep and Practice
- Kristina Pfaff-Harris' Linguistic Funland
- UC Berkeley Extension Online (University credit may be possible here!)
- Impact Online (hypertextual news reader)
- Planet English
These are links to some of the software used to teach classes at EFI.
- The Palace - Graphical Chat Software
- Voxware - Streaming Audio/Video Software
- Real Audio - Streaming Audio/Video Software
- ICQ - Chat and Messaging Software
- Internet Phone - Internet Telephone and Voice Mail Software
Related to Online ESL and EFL Resources
- Recently Updated
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become an ESL teacher. Get a quick overview of the requirements as well as...
Research the requirements to become a certified ESL teacher. Learn about the job description and duties, and read the...
Research the requirements to become an adult ESL teacher. Learn about the job description and duties, and read the step-by-step...
Students who want to become ESL curriculum designers might consider related certificate and master's degree programs. Read on...
- Master of Arts in Education: Online ESL Degree
- English As a Foreign Language (EFL) Degrees for Teachers
- Jobs for an English Major: Career Info for Recent Graduates
- Biotechnology Careers: Options and Requirements
- Commercial Landscaping Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Associate Degree in Landscaping Design
- Masters in Radiologic Science: Program Information