Auto Body and Paint Training School in Sacramento, California
Both situated around 10 miles from downtown Sacramento, CA, two schools offer programs for those seeking auto body and paint courses in the area. Keep reading to get an overview of programs, training methods and requirements for these institutions and decide which one is ideal for you.
Sacramento Auto Body and Paint Training Programs
Individuals interested in fixing and restoring automobile bodies and paint jobs have a couple of academic options within a 20-minute drive of Sacramento's downtown area. This article offers details on these two schools' training program requirements as well as a table about campus setting, graduation rates and other stats.
- American River College is located roughly 11 miles from central Sacramento and offers an associate's degree and certificate program in the field.
- Located about nine miles from downtown Sacramento, the Charles A. Jones Career and Education Center is a smaller school that provides training in auto body repair and paint through a certificate program.
American River College
American River College is one of the state's largest community colleges and offers certificate and associate's degree programs covering auto body repair and refinishing. Both programs are designed to show students how to identify damage, design a plan and repair and refinish automotive frame and body damage.
Certificate in Automotive Collision Technology
The certificate program requires students to complete nine courses totaling 33.5 credits. This programs gives students a mix of hands-on and classroom learning experiences. Some of the courses include component repair, structural repair, suspension and steering systems and automotive refinishing. This program requires the same nine courses as the associate's program, so students can continue on and complete the general education requirements for an associate's degree if they wish.
Associate of Science in Automotive Collision Technology
The associate's degree program requires the completion of at least 60 credits, which includes general education and elective courses. Students are required to complete nine courses covering collision and repair subjects, such as parts repair, structural repair, automotive electrical systems and welding. Students also get hands-on experience throughout the program.
Charles A. Jones Career and Education Center
The Charles A. Jones Career and Education Center has been around for more than forty years and offers an auto body repair program that results in a certificate upon completion.
Certificate of Completion in Automotive Body Repair
This 30-week program combines classroom instruction with hands-on learning. Students spend most of their time working on vehicles and projects under the supervision of credentialed instructors who have industry experience. The program begins with instruction in basic shop practices and finishes with more complex concepts like unibody alignment and handling hazardous materials. Students also get hands-on experience with painting and refinishing vehicles. All incoming students must have a high school diploma or equivalent award.
Comparison of Schools
Look over this table to get even more info about the two profiled schools, including facts about cost, student enrollment and retention rates.
|American River College||Charles A. Jones Career and Education Center|
|School Type||Two-year, public||Two-year, public|
|Total Enrollment (2011)||31,750*||1,488*|
|Campus Setting||Large suburb||Large city|
|Tuition & Fees|| $972 in-state|
$6,318 out-of-state (2011-2012)*
|$4,248 total program cost (2013)**|
|% of First-Year Students Receiving Some Form of Financial Aid (2011)||72%*||89%*|
|Retention Rate (2011)||71% of full-time students*||74% of full-time students*|
|Graduation Rate (2011)||22%*||94%*|
Sources: *National Center for Education Statistics, **Charles A. Jones Career and Education Center.
Related to Auto Body and Paint Training School Sacramento California
- Recently Updated
Body and paint technicians work on automobile exteriors, ensuring that they are in safe operating condition and of quality...
Auto body technicians repair and refinish cars that have exterior or frame damage usually resulting from collisions. This...
A career as an auto body technician can be a good fit for people who love cars, enjoy working with tools and have a good eye...
Auto body painters require little formal education. Learn about the training, job duties and skill requirements to see if this...
- Auto Body Mechanic: Job Outlook & Career Info
- Top School in Sacramento to Become an Auto Mechanic
- Auto Design Education and Training Program Information
- Bruce Vinik on Study.com: A College Admissions Counselor Reminds Us to Slow Down
- Band Director: Educational and Training Requirements
- Salary and Career Info for Diving Instructors
- Student Thomas Turner Talks to Study.com About Information Technology at FSU
- Auto Detailing Training and Education Program Info
- Best Auto Detailing Training Programs: List of Top Schools
- Paint Technician: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- A Virtual Classroom Pioneer: Study.com Speaks with the New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Ohio University Couple Wins Study.com's Win Free Textbooks for a Year Giveaway
Perfect School Search
- A - I
- L - S
- S - W
- Nearby States
- Alameda, CA Schools
- Alhambra, CA Schools
- Anaheim, CA Schools
- Antioch, CA Schools
- Bakersfield, CA Schools
- Calexico, CA Schools
- Chula Vista, CA Schools
- Citrus Heights, CA Schools
- City of Industry, CA Schools
- Clovis, CA Schools
- Colton, CA Schools
- Concord, CA Schools
- Costa Mesa, CA Schools
- Diamond Bar, CA Schools
- Elk Grove, CA Schools
- Emeryville, CA Schools
- Fremont, CA Schools
- Fresno, CA Schools
- Garden Grove, CA Schools
- Gardena, CA Schools
- Glendale, CA Schools
- Hayward, CA Schools
- Huntington Park, CA Schools
- Irvine, CA Schools
- La Mesa, CA Schools
- Lathrop, CA Schools
- Long Beach, CA Schools
- Los Angeles, CA Schools
- Milpitas, CA Schools
- Modesto, CA Schools
- Monterey, CA Schools
- Norco, CA Schools
- North Hollywood, CA Schools
- Oakland, CA Schools
- Ontario, CA Schools
- Oxnard, CA Schools
- Palm Springs, CA Schools
- Panorama City, CA Schools
- Pasadena, CA Schools
- Pleasant Hill, CA Schools
- Pomona, CA Schools
- Rancho Cordova, CA Schools
- Reseda, CA Schools
- Riverside, CA Schools
- Rohnert Park, CA Schools
- Roseville, CA Schools
- Sacramento, CA Schools
- Salida, CA Schools
- Salinas, CA Schools
- San Bernardino, CA Schools
- San Diego, CA Schools
- San Dimas, CA Schools
- San Francisco, CA Schools
- San Jose, CA Schools
- San Leandro, CA Schools
- San Luis Obispo, CA Schools
- Santa Ana, CA Schools
- Santa Barbara, CA Schools
- Santa Monica, CA Schools
- Sherman Oaks, CA Schools
- Stanford, CA Schools
- Stockton, CA Schools
- Sunnyvale, CA Schools
- Sylmar, CA Schools
- Torrance, CA Schools
- Upland, CA Schools
- Victorville, CA Schools
- Visalia, CA Schools
- Vista, CA Schools
- Walnut Creek, CA Schools
- West Covina, CA Schools