AutoCAD Classes in Jacksonville, Florida with Degree Overviews
There is one school within 50 miles of Jacksonville that has AutoCAD classes. Read an overview of this school's programs, requirements and admission info and find out whether this school is the right one for you.
Jacksonville AutoCAD School Options
Just four minutes from downtown is the only public school in the Jacksonville area that offers AutoCAD training. This article examines that school and its relevant programs. It also includes a table of information about the school that prospective students need to know, such as enrollment, tuition and the graduation rate.
- Florida State College at Jacksonville offers an associate degree and certificate programs that can train students to create architectural and engineering drawings using computer-aided design (CAD) software. This school is about half a mile from the heart of downtown.
Florida State College at Jacksonville
Florida State College at Jacksonville, formerly known as Florida Community College at Jacksonville, offers AutoCAD classes through its School of Technological Sciences.
AutoCAD Foundations Technical Certificate
This 15-credit-hour program prepares students for entry-level drafting positions. Required classes cover topics in construction document sketching and scaling, basic CAD commands and engineering drawings. Students can also take elective classes specializing in the use of AutoCAD for architectural, civil and mechanical drafting.
Drafting Technical Certificate
This program includes the same core courses as the AutoCAD certificate. Students examine additional topics in construction estimating, construction management and scheduling. Electives are also available in various drafting specialties. Students must complete 24 credit hours of coursework to fulfill program requirements.
Associate in Science in Architectural Design and Construction Technology
This 2-year program includes courses in such topics as construction materials, report writing and structural drafting. An internship is also required. AutoCAD classes are offered in each of the drafting and design, civil and architectural tracks. Students who've completed one of the drafting or AutoCAD foundations certificates can transfer their credits to this program.
Prospective students will want to learn about this school and find out if it's right for them.
|Florida State College at Jacksonville|
|School Type||Public, 4-year|
|Total Enrollment (2011)||30,863*|
|Campus Setting||Large city|
|Tuition (2012-2013)|| $2,790 in-state;|
|% of First-Year Students Receiving Some Form of Financial Aid (2010-2011)||75%*|
|Acceptance Rate (2012-2013)||N/A (Open admissions policy)*|
|Graduation Rate (2011)||32% (10% transfer-out rate)*|
Source: *NCES College Navigator.
Related to Autocad Classes Jacksonville Florida
- Recently Updated
CAD, or computer-aided design, uses computer technology to produce 2-dimensional (2D) and 3-dimensional (3D) images of...
AutoCAD is the standard design software used in the engineering, architecture and construction industries. Designers and...
Continuing education courses in AutoCAD are available to those seeking an introductory overview of the computer-aided design...
AutoCAD drafters require little formal education. Learn about the training, job duties and certification options to see if this...
- Become an AutoCAD Operator: Education and Career Roadmap
- AutoCAD Consultant: Education Requirements and Career Information
- Online AutoCAD Schools and Programs: How to Choose
- Essential Tax Advice for College Students
- How Do I Earn Credit Through Education Portal?
- Classes for Teachers
- College Applications in a Twitter Age
- Online AutoCAD Bachelor's Degree Information
- Online AutoCAD Degree Program Overviews with Certification Info
- Could the Politicization of Student Debt Be Good for Students?
- Further Proof That a College Education Isn't a Waste
- College Student Gets Paid $1000 for Using Free Course to Earn College Credit
Perfect School Search
- B - L
- L - O
- P - W
- Nearby States