Calexico, CA, has myriad public and private non-profit institutions within a 100-mile radius. Potential students can observe the schools as they've been broken down into four categories based on specific data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Calexico, CA
The closest schools to Calexico were 2-year public schools. Additionally, there were options for 4-year schools. Most of these schools were more than 55 miles away from the town.
- Imperial Valley College (11.9 miles away in Imperial)
- Arizona Western College (58.5 miles away in Yuma)
- Cuyamaca College (81.7 miles away in El Cajon)
- Palo Verde College (81.9 miles away in Blythe)
- Grossmont College (85.2 miles away in El Cajon)
Largest Schools Near Calexico, CA
The largest schools near Calexico, California, are mostly 2-year public schools. Students will have the opportunity to attend learning institutions with more than 16,000 students, as of fall 2015.
- San Diego State University (34,254 students)
- San Diego Mesa College (24,208 students)
- Southwestern College (18,716 students)
- Grossmont College (18,159 students)
- San Diego City College (16,520 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the average net cost for U.S. colleges and universities by subtracting the amount of government or institutional financial aid that students receive from the total cost of attendance. The net prices of these Calexico area schools ranged from approximately $2,300 to over $10,000. The following schools had the lowest reported net prices for 2014-2015, for full-time undergraduate students.
- Grossmont College ($2,296)
- Imperial Valley College ($3,402)
- Cuyamaca College ($3,576)
- Southwestern College ($5,501)
- San Diego City College ($6,499)
Highest Graduation Rate
Calexico area schools have average graduation rates, ranging from about 30% to 86% for mainstream schools. This data is reported by the NCES, which studies graduation rates according to the amount of time it takes students to complete their degree programs. For example, the NCES provides different rates for students who take 150% of normal time and those who take the normal time to finish their programs (i.e., 6 versus 4 years for a bachelor's degree). The following schools had the highest graduation rates in the Calexico area for students who completed their program in 150% of normal time.
- University of San Diego (79% graduation rate)
- San Diego State University (68% graduation rate)
- Coleman University (65% graduation rate)
- San Diego Miramar College (36% graduation rate)
- California College San Diego (32% graduation rate)
For your benefit, we've organized the public and private non-profit schools within 100 miles of Calexico, California, to help you make a choice about which ones might be best for your learning experience.