Colleges with a Bachelors in Public Health Degree
Although many careers in public health require an advanced degree, some schools also offer bachelor's degrees in public health. Prospective students evaluating public health colleges have many criteria to consider, including career and education goals, available degree programs and concentration areas.
How to Select a Public Health School
Public health is a broad field which encompasses many professions. Therefore, enrollment candidates for public health bachelor's degree programs must consider the available types of degree programs, as well as how they relate to a prospective career. The standard credential at the undergraduate level the Bachelor of Science in Public Health, but there are also public health concentrations available within Bachelor of Health Science programs.
Some schools also offer joint bachelor's-master's degree programs in public health; those interested in pursuing a career that requires a graduate degree in public health may save time and money by condensing their studies through a joint program. However, those who wish to seek employment upon completion of a bachelor's degree program should consider a program with a stronger focus on practical skills, such as one with a hands-on component or internship.
Aspiring public health professionals should also consider specialties when selecting a bachelor's degree program. Common areas of study include biostatistics, epidemiology and environmental health.
Largest Colleges and Universities by Student Enrollment
|College/University||Student Population||Institution Type|
|Indiana University-Bloomington||40,354||4-year, Public|
|Rutgers University-New Brunswick||36,041||4-year, Public|
|Temple University||35,490||4-year, Public|
|University of California-Berkeley||35,396||4-year, Public|
|University of Georgia||34,180||4-year, Public|
|University of Southern California||33,747||4-year, Private not-for-profit|
|Liberty University||33,604||4-year, Private not-for-profit|
|Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis||30,300||4-year, Public|
|University of Nevada-Las Vegas||28,600||4-year, Public|
|University of Utah||28,211||4-year, Public|
|East Carolina University||27,677||4-year, Public|
|University of South Carolina-Columbia||27,488||4-year, Public|
|Central Michigan University||27,225||4-year, Public|
|University of California-Irvine||26,984||4-year, Public|
|Portland State University||26,382||4-year, Public|
|University of Massachusetts Amherst||26,359||4-year, Public|
|George Washington University||25,116||4-year, Private not-for-profit|
|University of North Carolina at Charlotte||23,300||4-year, Public|
|Oklahoma State University-Main Campus||22,995||4-year, Public|
|University of Toledo||22,336||4-year, Public|
Related to Bachelor Degree in Public Health
- Recently Updated
Public health degrees prepare students for social work, health education and other related fields. Continue reading for an...
Get information on public health degrees at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree levels. Read on to find out about...
Read ahead to learn what classes are typically included in a Bachelor of Science in Public Health degree program. See the many...
Public health professionals work in various fields, from nutrition to health administration and education, to better equip...
- What Can You Do With a PhD in Public Health?
- Master of Science (MS): Public Health Degree Overview
- Master of Public Health: Degree Overview
- Top Universities in Salt Lake City for Education Degrees
- Saving Young Lives: Study.com Speaks with the Founder of Homeboy Industries
- Preparing Tomorrow's Leaders: Study.com Speaks with Veterans for Education
- Surmounting Obstacles with a Smile: Study.com Speaks with the Inspirational Craig Yunker
- Master in Health Sciences: Public Health Specialization Degree Overview
- Schools for Aspiring Public Health Professionals: How to Choose
- Open Education Around the World: Study.com Speaks with The Open University
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Educating the Children of Fallen Warriors: Study.com Speaks to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation