Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Graphics
- Database Administration and Data Warehousing
- Web Page and Digital Design
In computer Web design courses, students learn to use programming languages and software programs. Throughout a course, students typically complete a series of assignments, which might be followed by a final project. In order to take some courses, students might need to have the requisite software installed on their computers. A few sample course descriptions are shown below.
Online Computer Web Design Courses
The following offerings represent a typical curriculum in computer web design program:
- Web Markup Languages: This foundational course teaches students about XHTML and CSS programming languages. Students learn to change background patterns and colors, control website layouts, create hyperlinks and insert tables and graphics.
- Advanced Web Development: An advanced Web development course teaches students to use Dreamweaver and other related software for website design and production. Students also learn how to integrate a Dreamweaver database with other database software, such as MySQL.
- Web Graphics: This course covers basic graphics concepts, such as resolution and compression, website layout, color and optimization. It also teaches students how to produce Web graphics with Fireworks and Photoshop software and use Dreamweaver to upload their work. Students learn how to create simple animations and Web design elements like rollover buttons, as well as how to produce functional and aesthetically pleasing websites.
Schools offering online computer web design courses include the following:
|School Name||Degree Title||Courses/Specializations|
|Cuyamaca College||Associate's Degree in Web Development||Digital media, databases|
|Florida State University||Master's Degree in Information Technology, Graduate Certificate in Information Architecture||Information retrieval, digital libraries|
|Arizona State University||Bachelor's Degree in Internet and Web Development||Multimedia design, e-commerce strategy|
|Champlain College||Bachelor's Degree in Web Design and Development||Server side scripting, web media|
|Southern New Hampshire University||Bachelor's Degree in Web Development||Computer platform technologies, business systems analysis|