Nearly all of the traditional colleges in and around Conway are public institutions; both 2-year and 4-year options are available in the area. The schools are organized into categories and are based on data provided from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Conway, SC
The closest schools to Conway, South Carolina, were all public institutions. Technical colleges are an option alongside community colleges and universities within a reasonable distance. Students will have the opportunity to choose from certificate programs, associate's degree programs and other undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Coastal Carolina University (Conway)
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College (Conway)
- Southeastern Community College (39.8 miles away in Whiteville)
- Williamsburg Technical College (46.3 miles away in Kingstree)
- Francis Marion University (46.5 miles away in Florence)
Largest Schools to Conway, SC
The largest schools in the area are 2-year and 4-year schools, too. Most of those schools had more 2,000 students, as of fall 2015. Even in downtown Conway the largest school is considered medium sized, so students can have smaller class sizes while being able to develop strong relationships with professors and peers.
- Coastal Carolina University (10,263 students)
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College (7,097 students)
- Florence-Darlington Technical College (6,007 students)
- Francis Marion University (3,947 students)
- Brunswick Community College (1,651 students)
Lowest Net Price
A school's average net price is another important factor for prospective students to consider, since this figure could give them a good idea of how much their education might cost. NCES calculates the average net price by subtracting the amount of financial aid beginning full-time undergraduate students receive, on average, from the total cost of tuition, fees, room, board and other miscellaneous expenses. These Conway-area public schools had some of the lowest net prices, during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Florence-Darlington Technical College ($4,813)
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College ($6,740)
- Brunswick Community College ($7,139)
- Southeastern Community College ($8,004)
- Williamsburg Technical College ($8,122)
Highest Graduation Rate
A graduation rate can indicate how successfully students complete a school's academic programs. This figure is the percentage of beginning, full-time undergraduate students who graduated within 150% of the 'normal time' it takes to complete a program, or six years for a bachelor's degree. Most of the schools in the area had graduation rates below 45% for students who began their studies in either 2009 or 2012, according to NCES.
- Coastal Carolina University (43% graduation rate)
- Francis Marion University (42% graduation rate)
- Brunswick Community College (23% graduation rate)
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College (20% graduation rate)
- Southeastern Community College (9% graduation rate)
The public and private non-profit schools in and around Conway, South Carolina, are organized into categories based on specifics, like student enrollment and net cost, to help you decide the right school.