Credit Counseling Certification and Certificate Programs
Credit counseling certificate programs are designed to provide working financial professionals with a better understanding of how to help clients negotiate debt and improve their credit.
Many programs are offered through workshops, on-site classes or self-study sequences and award a certificate upon completion. Topics covered include bankruptcy regulations, budgeting strategies and credit law.
- Program Levels in Credit Counseling: Certificate
- Online Availability: Some programs are offered entirely online through colleges, universities, or private professional organizations
Credit Counseling Certification
Certificate program and training courses provide aspiring credit counselors with the knowledge and tools to help customers manage various kinds of credit. Topics covered throughout a curriculum may include:
- Credit counseling techniques
- Personal finance
- Credit laws and regulations
Employment Outlook and Salary Information
While little employment data is available for credit counselors, job growth in the closely related area of personal financial advising is expected to increase at a much-faster-than-average rate, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS, www.blg.gov). The BLS also published the median annual salary earned by personal financial advisors as $81,060 in May 2014.
Certification and Continuing Education
Most credit counseling certification organizations require candidates to complete a corresponding training program and exam in order to be awarded certification. Continuing education may be needed in order to maintain or renew certification. The National Association for Certified Credit Counselors and the Associate for Financial Counseling and Planning Education both provide continuing education programs for credit counseling certification.
Related to Credit Counseling Certification
- Recently Updated
Explore certificate programs that might prepare students for careers in credit counseling. See the educational prerequisites...
Education Portal's college courses let you earn credit that you can potentially transfer to 2,000 colleges and universities....
If you've been taking Education Portal's courses to prepare for UExcel exams, then soon you'll be ready to transfer those hard...
If you've been taking Education Portal's courses to prepare for CLEP exams, then soon you'll be ready to transfer those hard...
- Universities with Generous Credit Transfer Policies
- Schools that Accept AP Transfer Credit
- College Student Elisa Fleming Earns College Credit in Two Weeks for Less Than $100
- PhD in Criminology: Program and Degree Overview
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology PhD Programs: Degree Information
- Greeting Card Illustrator: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Career Information for a Degree in European Studies