Students in the Crookston, MN area, have a few schools to choose from if they want to stay within an hour's drive of the town. Based on statistics from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES), you can find out more details about these schools.
Closest Schools to Crookston, MN
The closest schools to Crookston are mostly public institutions, and one is a 4-year university while the others are 2-year colleges. All of these schools are located less than 45 miles away and include:
- University of Minnesota-Crookston (located in Crookston)
- Northland Community and Technical College (31.1 miles away in Thief River Falls)
- White Earth Tribal and Community College (44.2 miles away in Mahnomen)
Largest Schools Near Crookston, MN
The schools near Crookston aren't large. However, there are two schools that students can attend that have populations of more than 2,800. The third school in the area is much smaller, and it is a private, not-for-profit institution.
- Northland Community and Technical College (3,573 students)
- University of Minnesota-Crookston (2,823 students)
- White Earth Tribal and Community College (68 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid students typically receive from the total cost to attend the school. Financial aid can be awarded by the federal government or the institution. The following figures are provided by the NCES and pertain to the net price paid by full-time beginning undergraduate students for the 2014-2015 school year:
- White Earth Tribal and Community College ($9,769)
- Northland Community and Technical College ($10,758)
- University of Minnesota-Crookston ($12,592)
Highest Graduation Rate
The schools near Crookston had overall graduation rates ranging from 12% to 45%. The NCES determines overall graduation rates by calculating the number of full-time beginning undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of normal time (e.g. six years for a bachelor's degree). The following schools had the highest graduation rates for students who graduated in 2015:
- University of Minnesota-Crookston (45% graduation rate)
- Northland Community and Technical College (37% graduation rate)
- White Earth Tribal and Community College (12% graduation rate)
Looking at the prices, student populations, graduation percentages, and proximity of schools in the Crookston, Minnesota area, can help you decide on the one that is suitable for your college needs.