Dallas Cosmetology Schools with Program Overviews
There are a few schools near Dallas that offer training in the field of cosmetology. To find out which one is right for you, read an overview of program requirements for three schools located within about 15 miles of downtown.
Dallas Cosmetology Programs
Cosmetology training can cover hair care and styling and makeup application, in addition to proper skin and nail care. Those interested in education in this field can turn to three schools that are less than 20 minutes from the center of Dallas. Get information on the coursework and hands-on components of their programs, and then explore a table of statistics about each institution.
- Students can find full- or part-time cosmetology programs at Ogle School - Dallas. This college is located about six miles from the city's center.
- Around 11 miles from the central Dallas area is Regency Beauty Institute - Mesquite, which offers a cosmetology program that typically takes a little under a year to complete.
- A little farther out than the other two schools is Metroplex Beauty School, which provides a certificate program in cosmetology. The campus is about 13 miles from downtown Dallas.
Ogle School - Dallas
This school has received accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. The school also offers career assistance and placement services to students.
The full-time option for this cosmetology program can be completed in 11 months. Students who are unable to pursue this program full time can enroll in an 18-month, part-time program. There are day and evening program options available as well. The cosmetology training at this school takes up 1,500 hours and covers theoretical knowledge, professional business skills and practical cosmetology experience.
Regency Beauty Institute - Mesquite
In addition to the Mesquite campus, this school has a campus in Dallas-Galleria, which is just under 12 miles from downtown Dallas.
Full-time courses for this cosmetology program are offered regularly. Students in this program can learn about hair cutting, hair coloring and hair styling. Other class topics cover makeup, skin care and nail care. The curriculum also goes over retailing, salon management and business development. Students usually take 11 months to earn the 1,500 hours needed to graduate from the program.
Metroplex Beauty School
The public is allowed to receive salon services from enrolled students at this school's campus, which can provide a good deal of hands-on experience in hair care and beauty treatments.
Certificate of Diploma in Cosmetology
A minimum of 1,500 hours is required of students in this program. Students learn about cosmetic preparations, manicures and pedicures, hair styling and head massages. Students can also study labor laws and regulations, along with safety and sanitation requirements. It takes about 42 weeks to graduate from this program.
Comparison of Schools
Along with the training options, tuition and fee rates are probably one of the most important considerations when it comes to choosing a school. Check out this table to compare costs and other factors for the profiled institutions.
|Ogle School - Dallas||Regency Beauty Institute - Mesquite||Metroplex Beauty School|
|School Type||Technical school, private for-profit||Technical school, private for-profit||Technical school, private for-profit|
|Total Enrollment (2011)||215*||89*||75*|
|Campus Setting||Large city||Large suburb||Large suburb|
|Tuition & Fees (2011-2012)||$15,600*||$16,425*||$8,600*|
|% of Beginning Students Receiving Some Form of Financial Aid (2011)||93%*||92%*||89%*|
|Acceptance Rate (2011)||N/A - Open admissions*||N/A - Open admissions*||N/A - Open admissions*|
|Retention Rate (2011)||74% for full-time students*||55% for full-time students*||68% for full-time students*|
|Graduation Rate (for Students Beginning in Fall 2008-2009)||85%*||N/A*||64%*|
Source: *NCES College Navigator.
Related to Cosmetology Schools in Dallas Texas
- Recently Updated
Read about formal training programs in cosmetology, which typically lead to a certificate or an associate degree. Learn about...
Cosmetologists require licensure rather than certification, and they can prepare for their licenses by completing a certificate...
Find out what types of skills can be learned in an associate's program in cosmetology. Learn about the job and salary forecast...
Cosmetologists interested in teaching others their craft can complete a certificate program for a career as a cosmetologist...
- Cosmetology Instructor License and Credential Information
- Funeral Cosmetology Education and Training Program Information
- Cosmetology Instructor Courses and Classes
- Apparel & Accessories Design: Adult Education Info
- Earth Driller: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Athletic Training
- Career Information for a Degree in Welding Technology
- How to Become a Cosmetology Sales Representative
- Cosmetology Management: Education and Career Information
- Patrick Shaffner of 826CHI Shows Study.com How to Do IT Write
- Student Coordinator Erika Williams Talks Alternative Spring Break with Study.com
- Life Science Technician: Job Description and Career Advancement Info
Perfect School Search
- A - E
- F - N
- O - W
- Nearby States