Networking and Telecommunications
Professionals in networking and telecommunications are responsible for keeping computer network systems running and secure. There are a variety of educational and employment opportunities in this fast-growing field.
Inside Networking and Telecommunications
Intranet and Internet communication systems allow users within a network system to access files, communicate with other network users and connect with clients. Networking and telecommunications experts are responsible for creating and maintaining software and hardware solutions that connect communication systems to computer networks within businesses, corporations, organizations and government agencies. Check out the Study.com articles linked below to discover more details about degree programs and job options in networking and telecommunications.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) stated that while a variety of educational backgrounds may be acceptable in this field, many employers require some type of formal training in electronics or computer science (www.bls.gov). Many schools, colleges and universities offer certificate and degree programs, including associate's, bachelor's, master's and Ph.D. programs, in networking and telecommunications.
Students in networking and telecommunications programs learn how to set-up connections, supervise networks of computers and maintain systems while keeping them efficient and current. Coursework can include network security, Web development, Web servers, Visual Basic and systems management. There are also certificate programs offered by schools and manufacturers in specific networking systems. Review the following articles for more information about relevant training programs.
- Telecommunications Degrees
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Telecommunication Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): Telecommunications Management Degree
- Master's Degree Programs in Telecommunications
Distance Learning Options
Networking and telecommunication degree programs are available online for students who wish to learn from the comfort of their own homes. Review the links below for more details about online learning programs.
- Distance Learning Courses in Telecommunications Technology
- Networking Online Diploma and Certificate Programs
- Distance Learning Diplomas in Telecommunications Technology
- Telecommunications Technician: Online Diploma
There are many job opportunities for those interested in networking and telecommunications. The links below can provide you with more access to information about employment in this field.
Employment Outlook and Salary Information
According to the BLS, overall employment for network and computer systems administrators would increase by 12 percent between 2012 and 2022, which is about average for all occupations. Employment of telecommunications engineering professionals was predicted to increase faster than average, between 15 and 21 percent over the same period. This growth would be due in part to more businesses using networking systems and an increased need for network security. The annual mean salary of computer system analysts, which includes telecommunication specialists, was $85,320 in 2013. Those working in systems design earned $90,010, and analysts working for companies and enterprises earned $85,530 in the same year.
Networking and Telecommunications Related Articles
- Recently Updated
At least eight schools in the Bellevue area have top ranking networking and telecommunications programs. Read on to find out more about what...
Students interested in studying networking and telecommunications in Minneapolis have many schools to choose from. Read about a top local...
Only four schools in the Boise, ID, area have top ranking networking and telecommunications programs. Read on to find out what one of these...
- Top Telecommunications Graduate Programs
- Telecommunications Schools in Georgia
- Telecommunications Schools in Atlanta
- Top 10 Us Schools for Phd Telecommunications
- Masters in Networking
- Top School for a Networking and Telecommunications Degree - Pomona, CA
- Top Networking & Telecommunications Degrees in Alexandria, VA
- Open Education Around the World: Study.com Speaks with Taipei Medical University
- Career Info for a Degree in Educational and Curriculum Supervision
- Connecting People With Knowledge: Study.com Speaks With an Academic Librarian
- Health Care Advertiser: Job Description, Requirements and Career Info
- Engaged Students and Experiential Learning: Study.com Speaks to Diana Laufenberg at the Science Leadership Academy
Get information on several types of doctoral programs in education. Learn about prerequisites, curriculum and research requirements as...
Degree programs in human resource management are offered at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels and address business and legal...