Educational and Curriculum Supervision
If you're a teacher or just someone interested in working in education, an educational and curriculum supervision career could be for you. Professionals in this field strive to improve academic curricula and teaching methods. Read on to learn more.
Inside Educational and Curriculum Supervision
The aim of educational and curriculum supervision is to improve teaching. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), supervision involves classroom observation, teacher assistance and evaluation, professional and group development, research and curriculum revision (www.bls.gov). This can involve developing a curriculum, selecting textbooks, training teachers or implementing technology in a classroom.
Students may be able to pursue a specialization in curriculum instruction through a master's or doctorate program in education administration. Master's-level courses commonly include school law, personnel and school administration, curriculum development and educational philosophy. At the doctoral degree level, courses may include methods for analyzing and improving a curriculum's effectiveness, curriculum design and issues in curriculum development. These programs also have research and practicum requirements. Here are a few articles that can help you explore relevant education options and choose one that's right for you.
- Educational Supervisor Courses
- Curriculum Supervision Programs
- Master's in Curriculum and Instruction
- Master's in Educational Administration
- Top Education and Curriculum Supervision Schools
Distance Learning Options
For some people, distance learning provides the most effective means for earning a degree. Learn about how distance learning works and about the online options in educational and curriculum supervision. Review the links below for more details.
- Online Programs in Curriculum and Instruction
- Online Master's in Administration and Supervision
- Online Doctorate in Educational Leadership
- Online Ph.D. in Education
- Free Online Courses for Educators
Educational and curriculum supervisors must have a teaching license. In addition, some states require that supervisors earn education administrator licensure.
Below, you can find links to a selection of the careers you could pursue with training in educational and curriculum supervision. Learn about the responsibilities, the career outlook and the salary range for each.
- Careers in Educational and Curriculum Supervision
- Curriculum and Instruction Careers
- Instructional Coordinator
- School Administrator
- Curriculum Designer
Employment Outlook and Salary Information
The BLS projected that, between 2012 and 2022, the employment of instructional coordinators would increase by 13 percent, which is about average. For K-12 principals, the BLS projected that employment would increase slower than average by 6 percent; employment was predicted to increase 15 percent for postsecondary school administrators.
As of May 2013, the median annual salary for instructional coordinators was $60,610. Elementary and secondary school education administrators made a median annual salary of $88,380, while postsecondary school education administrators made $87,410.
Educational and Curriculum Supervision Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Degrees in educational and curriculum supervision typically cover curriculum design, leadership and supervision and education law. Find out...
School curriculum has become a specialization of central importance in the administration of schools and school systems. Read about...
Find out which top schools offer programs in education and curriculum supervision, through which school administrators and teachers learn to...
- Educational Supervision Courses in Louisville, KY
- Online Certificate Program in Educational Supervision
- Educational Supervision Degree Programs in CT
- Architect Educational Requirements
- Educational Specialist Degree
- Top Schools for Educational Administration and Supervision
- Online Ed.D in Educational Leadership - Curriculum & Instruction Degree
- Fashion Masters Programs: Degree Overviews by Specialization
- Digital Photo Editing Training and Education Program Information
- Accounting Applications Clerk: Trade School Diploma Summary
- IT Infrastructure Consultant: Job Description and Requirements
- Masters in Political Management: Info for Graduate Students
Several community colleges in Virginia provide adult education classes through their departments of continuing education or workforce...
Research the requirements to become an intelligence analyst. Learn about the job description and duties, and read the step-by-step process...
Educational and Curriculum Supervision Related Videos