Distance Learning Banking Diploma and Certificate Program Info
Online banking programs cover topics in commercial banking, financial management, consumer lending and investments. Read the article below for details about distance learning banking diploma and certificate programs, as well as banking degrees.
Overview of Diploma and Certificate Programs
A full range of online banking programs is available through the American Banking Institute as well as through regional banking associations in most states. The majority of distance learning banking diploma and certificate programs are designed to provide career development skills to professional bankers or students in entry-level banking positions.
These programs of study can require as few as four banking courses and as many as 20, and they typically cover topics such as money and banking, economics, finance, marketing and ethics. The following banking diplomas and certificates are offered in distance learning formats:
- General Banking Diploma
- Bank Financial Management Diploma
- Mortgage Lending Diploma
- Bank Marketing Diploma
- Personal Trust Diploma
- Bank Teller Certificate
- Small Business Banking Certificate
- Team Leader Certificate
- Customer Service Representative Certificate
The courses that lead to distance learning banking diplomas or certificates are typically offered online in the following formats, though some may also be earned through mail correspondence:
Instructor-Led: These courses have a traditional classroom format, including written assignments and exams, a course textbook and extensive instructor involvement in virtual classroom management and instruction.
Self-Paced: Self-paced courses cover basic banking and business principles, allowing students to access online exercises, study guides and quizzes at their own pace in preparation for a final assessment.
Interactive Workshops: Often paired with self-paced courses, these distance learning web conferences engage students in role plays, practice sessions and other interactive, practical applications that further their banking knowledge.
Correspondence: Students in correspondence courses receive a textbook, assignments and exams, which they complete before sending on to regional training centers for grading.
Overview of College Degree Programs
Distance learning banking degrees are more widely offered by colleges and universities than diplomas and certificates; these degrees are also available in online formats. Through the Internet, students access online reading, assignments, tests and instructor feedback.
These programs may lead to associate or bachelor's degrees in banking; but are more likely to focus on in accounting, finance or business administration with an emphasis in banking. Some of the following topics are covered in distance learning banking degree programs:
- Money and Banking
- Financial Management
- Consumer Lending
- Commercial Bank Management
- Corporate Finance
- International Finance
Related to Distance Learning Diploma in Banking
- Recently Updated
Research strong schools with banking and finance programs. See rankings, locations and degree possibilities at some top schools...
Students interested in studying banking in Philadelphia, PA, have many schools to choose from. Read on to find out more about...
Students interested in studying banking in Baltimore, MD, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about a top local...
Charlotte, NC, only has a few schools with programs in banking and lending. Find the best program for you by reading about one...
- Banking Professions: Bank Teller Educational Requirements
- How to Become a Banking Compliance Officer
- Banking Business Consultant: Education and Career Information
- Careers in Oncology Research: Job Options and Requirements
- Personal Trainer Manager: Job Description and Requirements
- Salary and Career Information for a Bachelors Degree in Business
- Traveling LPN Nurses: Job Description and Education Requirements
- List of Free Online Banking Courses, Training and Tutorials
- Investment Banking Degree Programs with Course Info
- Environmental Designer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- School Office Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Business Process Consultant: Job Description and Education Requirements