Distance Learning Doctoral Degrees in Natural Health
Not many schools offer online doctorate degree programs in natural health. Learn about natural health programs that are available online as well as distance learning and course requirements by reading below.
Doctoral degree programs in natural health typically culminate in a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine. These programs are very rarely offered online, but may include online or distance learning components. Doctoral degree programs in naturopathic medicine usually take four years to complete, though they can take longer if students take classes part-time or extend research. Many programs require doctoral students to write and submit a dissertation.
To complete the practical aspects of a doctoral degree in natural health, students must complete a clinical experience. This is accomplished by working with local hospitals or clinics that allow students to help with patient care and observe doctor-to-patient interactions.
Distance-learning doctoral students learn about topics in holistic health, wellness and nutrition. Courses may include:
- Naturally increasing health and energy
- Insulin resistance in patients with diabetes
- Traditional Chinese medicine
- Adult hormone replacement therapy
- Digestion, nutrition and longevity
- Mental health and nutrition
- Practical applications for holistic medicine
- Mind and body wellness
Online Learning Details
Online students access online interfaces, where they can read professors' lectures and notes, gain assistance with difficult material, complete assignments and chat with other students. Most programs allow students to review the lectures as frequently as needed to become familiar with difficult material and build upon introductory principles. Students complete quizzes and tests online through a secure format. In addition, they are able to participate in virtual classes at times convenient for them.
A doctoral degree in natural health can lead to multiple career opportunities in health care and alternative medicine. Some possible job titles include:
- Natural health practitioner
- College professor in health and wellness
- Naturopathic doctor
- Holistic nutritionist
- Community wellness director
Related to Online Doctorate Degree Programs in Natural Health
- Recently Updated
Naturopathic medicine is the practice of health care and disease prevention through the use of natural methods and remedies....
Learn about courses and prerequisites for a master's degree program in natural health. Find out about job prospects, salary...
Read about natural health degree programs. Learn about program prerequisites, courses and specialization areas, as well as...
Natural health science is an alternative or complementary form of medical science that promotes natural methods of healing....
- Natural Health Consultant Certificate and Training Program Info
- Natural Health Practitioner Certification and Certificate Information
- How to Become a Natural Health Dietician: Career and Education Info
- Fingerprint Analyst: Training Requirements and Career Info
- Free Courses with the Best User Experience: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Study.com's Group Plans
- Canine Massage Therapy Training Program and Career Information
- How to Become a Certified Natural Health Consultant: Career Roadmap
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Natural Health Degree Overview
- Career Info for a Degree in Vehicle Repair & Maintenance
- Limited Scope X-Ray Technician Career Information and Requirements
- Lawyer for Contracts: Career Profile of a Contract Law Professional