Students in Emeryville, CA, have quite a few options when considering a college or university. Within 25 miles students will find public and private 4-year universities, a handful of 2-year public colleges and specialized private career schools. The statistical information about the schools comes from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Emeryville, CA
The area surrounding Emeryville is home to a vast multitude of public and private non-profit learning institutions. Students will have the choice of selecting from a variety of these schools within a short distance of the town.
- Laney College (2.1 miles from Emeryville)
- Berkeley City College (2.3 miles from Emeryville)
- University of California-Berkeley (2.5 miles from Emeryville)
- College of Alameda (5.1 miles from Emeryville)
- Holy Names University (6.1 miles from Emeryville)
Largest Schools Near Emeryville, CA
The largest schools near Emeryville offer students the chance to attend college where the student populations are greater than 15,000 students. Most of the largest institutions are public schools. The following ones were the largest, as of fall 2015:
- University of California-Berkeley (38,189 students)
- San Francisco State University (30,256 students)
- City College of San Francisco (23,391 students)
- Diablo Valley College (19,694 students)
- California State University-East Bay (15,528 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net price is a result of subtracting any institutional or government aid from the cost of attendance. According to the NCES, the schools lowest net prices in the Emeryville area ranged from about $4,800-$6,900 in 2014-2015. These schools were all 2-year, public community colleges.
- College of San Mateo ($4,800)
- City College of San Francisco ($4,849)
- Skyline College ($5,022)
- Los Medanos College ($6,086)
- Chabot College ($6,811)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate for full-time undergraduates for the following schools in the Emeryville area ranged from 65%-92%, according to the NCES. Students reflected in these rates enrolled in a 4-year school in 2009 and earned a bachelor's degree within 6 years.
- University of California-Berkeley (92% graduation rate)
- Saint Mary's College of California (71% graduation rate)
- University of San Francisco (71% graduation rate)
- Mills College (65% graduation rate)
- Dominican University of California (64% graduation rate)
Emeryville, California, offers potential students the chance to attend a variety of public and private non-profit institutions, and they've been broken down here to help you make a decision on a school that is best suited to your needs and learning goals.