Several postsecondary institutions can be found in the Fort Mitchell area, though we take a closer look at some of the more traditional schools in the surrounding Fort Mitchell region. To help students pinpoint a potential school that meets their educational needs, we compare these traditional schools with information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
There is a good mix of 2-year and 4-year schools that are close to Fort Mitchell. The majority of these schools only offer undergraduate degree programs.
- Brown Mackie College-Northern Kentucky (located downtown)
- Thomas More College (located downtown)
- Beckfield College-Florence (5.2 miles from downtown)
- Gateway Community and Technical College (5.2 miles from downtown)
- Northern Kentucky University (5.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
Some students may be interested in attending a larger school in the Fort Mitchell area. Of the larger institutions, most are private, but the two largest schools are public institutions.
- Northern Kentucky University (15,090 students)
- Gateway Community and Technical College (4,594 students)
- Thomas More College (1,655 students)
- Beckfield College-Florence (712 students)
- Brown Mackie College-Northern Kentucky (306 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Although it should never be the only determining factor when considering schools, knowing how much you will have to pay out of pocket to attend is certainly important information. The NCES determines the lowest net price by adding together the actual costs of tuition, books and, if applicable, room and board, and then subtracting the average amount of financial aid given to full-time undergrad students. Almost all of the schools reporting net prices around Fort Mitchell came in at less than $20,000 for 2014-2015.
- Gateway Community and Technical College ($7,644)
- Northern Kentucky University ($9,173)
- Thomas More College ($18,567)
- Beckfield College-Florence ($26,842)
Highest Graduation Rate
Knowing the graduation rate for an institution may give a potential student some insight into how devoted the school is to the success of its students. The NCES determines the graduation rate for a school by counting those full-time undergrad students that complete their chosen degrees within 150% of the normal time. In other words, a bachelor's degree is normally completed in 4 years, so the NCES would count all of those that finished within 6 years, or 150% of 4 years. Unfortunately, most of the graduation rates in the area were less than 50% for 2015.
- Daymar College-Bellevue (55% graduation rate)
- Thomas More College (48% graduation rate)
- Northern Kentucky University (40% graduation rate)
- Brown Mackie College-Northern Kentucky (34% graduation rate)
- Beckfield College-Florence (32% graduation rate)
The Fort Mitchell, KY, area is home to several traditional private and public institutions that students can select from based on varying locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates.