The following details pertain to colleges and universities near Grand Prairie, Texas. Read about graduation rates, net prices, and student populations, with all data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Grand Prairie, Texas
Not counting specialty schools, there are at least five institutions less than 10 miles from downtown Grand Prairie. Three of those schools are universities. For prospective students looking to study near Grand Prairie, take a look at the following options:
- University of Dallas (located 5.7 miles from downtown)
- Dallas Baptist University (located 6.4 miles from downtown)
- Mountain View College (located 6.4 miles from downtown)
- North Lake College (located 6.9 miles from downtown)
- The University of Texas at Arlington (located 9.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Grand Prairie, Texas
The schools with the largest populations in the area are found within a 23-mile radius of downtown. Three of these institutions had more than 23,000 students for the 2014-2015 year. For those looking to study alongside many colleagues, consider these options:
- Tarrant County College District (50,595 students, all undergraduates)
- The University of Texas at Arlington (39,740 students; 29,883 undergraduates)
- The University of Texas at Dallas (23,095 students; 14,300 undergraduates)
- Richland College (19,343 students, all undergraduates)
- Eastfield College (15,112 students, all undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
Two of the aforementioned largest schools are also two of the five non-specialty institutions in the area with the lowest net prices. These five schools had net costs below $5,000 for 2014-2015. The NCES calculates these amounts by taking the total program cost and subtracting the average financial aid given to full-time undergraduates.
- Richland College ($3,509)
- Mountain View College ($3,696)
- Eastfield College ($3,899)
- Brookhaven College ($4,291)
- El Centro College ($4,559)
Highest Graduation Rates
At least five non-specialty schools less than 22 miles from downtown had graduation rates exceeding 50% in 2015. All of these institutions were universities. The NCES finds these percentages via the amount of full-time undergraduates who graduate in 150% of the normal amount of time.
- Southern Methodist University (79% graduation rate)
- Texas Christian University (76% graduation rate)
- University of Dallas (70% graduation rate)
- The University of Texas at Dallas (66% graduation rate)
- Dallas Baptist University (58% graduation rate)
For prospective students looking for schools with many students, institutions with strong graduation rates, and ones with low net prices, there are multiple options near Grand Prairie, Texas.