Health Care Administration Degree Programs in Orlando, FL
Located about 15 miles from the city center, the Orlando area has only one university that offers health care administration degrees. Learn about the program and admission requirements for this school to make an informed decision about your education.
Orlando Health Care Administration Programs
Individuals looking to earn a degree in health care administration near Orlando currently have only one option, which requires a roughly 20-minute drive from downtown to get to the campus. Read about the required courses and internships in the university's programs. This article also includes a table of facts and figures about the institution.
- The University of Central Florida is located about 15 miles from central Orlando. This 4-year, public school features a bachelor's and master's degree in health services administration. The redesigned Department of Health Management and Informatics seeks to better prepare students for national certification examination and employment. The department also encourages service-learning as well as student research.
University of Central Florida
The University of Central Florida's Department of Health Management and Informatics seeks to prepare students for employment in the health care industry. The department's faculty members operate with local and regional health care leaders. Students enrolled at UCF can participate in the Health Services Administration Student Association (HSASA). They can also enroll in a dual degree in health informatics/information management and health services administration.
Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration
Web-based courses are offered in this bachelor's degree program, allowing students to learn online and in the classroom. The program includes capstone requirements and core requirements such as health care finance, quality management, medical terminology and community health. Students are required to complete an internship before they can earn their degree.
Master of Science in Health Sciences - Health Services Administration Track
This master's degree program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). It was designed to prepare students for employment in a variety of health care environments in addition to preparing them to earn a doctorate in public affairs. The program includes at least 51 credit hours beyond those required in the bachelor's degree and requires students to complete an internship. Students who already have professional experience in the health care industry may want to take a look at the university's Executive Health Services Administration track, which is offered entirely online.
To find out more about the profiled university, take a look at this table. It includes info on acceptance rates, graduation rates, enrollment numbers, tuition costs and more.
|University of Central Florida|
|School Type||4-year; public|
|Total Enrollment (2011)||58,465*|
|Campus Setting||Large suburb|
|Tuition & Fees 2011-2012||$5,584 in-state; $21,064 out-of-state*|
|% of First-Year Students Receiving Some Form of Financial Aid (2011)||97%*|
|Acceptance Rate (2011)||45%*|
|Retention Rate (2011)||87% for full-time students*|
|Graduation Rate (2011)||63%|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Related to Health Care Administration Degree Program in Orlando
- Recently Updated
Students interested in earning a master's degree in health care administration in Dallas, TX, have only a few schools to choose...
There are many schools within a 50-mile radius of Anaheim, CA, that offer healthcare administration degrees. Read about the top...
Read about programs in health care administration, through which students learn how to plan, implement and manage health care...
Read about health care administration degree programs. Learn about prerequisites and courses for different degree levels, as...
- Top Health Care Administration Degree Programs - San Diego, CA
- Top School in Bakersfield, CA, for a Health Care Administration Degree
- Bachelor of Health Care Administration: Degree Overview
- Hostage Negotiator: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Water Treatment Plant Manager: Job Description and Requirements
- Top Health Information Technology Degrees - Long Beach, CA
- Top School for a Teaching Degree in Maitland, FL
- Associate of Health Care Administration: Degree Overview
- Top College in Tulsa for a Health Care Administration Degree
- Examining Education Reform: Study.com Speaks with Dr. Charles Kerchner
- How to Balance Human Rights Advocacy with Student Life: Girls Learn International Founder Jordana Confino Talks to Study.com
- Child Prodigy Adora Svitak Speaks with Study.com
Perfect School Search
- B - L
- L - O
- P - W
- Nearby States