This article compares the 30+ traditional, not-for-profit schools located within 25 miles of Hialeah, FL. Comparisons are made to determine which of the schools are the top in each of the four categories using data obtained from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Hialeah, Florida
Colleges that fall within 25 miles of Hialeah run the gamut from 2-year community colleges to public and private universities of various sizes. The proximity to Hialeah may be important to commuters and to those wishing to be close to home. The five closest traditional, non-profit schools are listed here:
- Lindsey Hopkins Technical College (4.5 miles)
- Miami Lakes Educational Center and Technical College (5.1 miles)
- Florida Memorial University (5.2 miles)
- St. Thomas University (5.2 miles)
- Miami Dade College (6.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Hialeah, Florida
Going to a larger school typically means greater program variety and greater student activity options available. The five traditional schools with the highest student enrollment are as follows and are all 4-year schools, three public and two private.
- Miami Dade College (66,046)
- Florida International University (49,610)
- Broward College (44,119)
- Nova Southeastern University (24,148)
- University of Miami (16,674)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
NCES calculates a school's net price by determining the total cost of attendance for in-state students and then subtracting the average amount of financial aid. Net prices at traditional, not-for-profit schools near Hialeah ranged from around $4,700 to nearly $35,400 in 2014-2015. All of the net price figures provided below were taken from NCES and apply to the 2014-2015 school year and are for full-time undergraduate students.
- Lindsey Hopkins Technical Education Center ($4,684)
- Miami Lakes Educational Center and Technical College ($5,934)
- Broward College ($8,622)
- Miami Dade College ($8,829)
- William T. McFatter Technical College ($9,405)
Highest Graduation Rate
NCES also calculates schools' overall graduation rates by identifying how many students complete their selected programs within 150% of normal time. Graduation rates among traditional, not-for-profit schools near Hialeah ranged from around 16% to above 89% for 2015, according to NCES figures. Figures apply to 4-year students who began in 2009 and 2-year students who began in 2012.
- University of Miami (82%)
- Lindsey Hopkins Technical Center (67%)
- William T. McFatter Technical College (63%)
- Florida International University (58%)
- Sheridan Technical College (55%)
Understanding which colleges fit important criteria can help you decide on your ultimate educational experience - Hialeah, Florida schools listed by location, size, cost and graduation rate give you information in these categories to help inform your search.