Located on Florida's west coast, Hillsborough County, FL, offers a variety of schools to students. The county seat is in Tampa, and that's where the colleges, universities and technical schools are primarily located. To assist students in their school research and education decisions, we've categorized the schools based on data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Hillsborough County, FL
Looking outward from Hillsborough County's Brandon, which is centrally located, most of the closest schools are in Tampa, with the exception of Florida College in Temple Terrace. The nearby Tampa schools are:
- Everest University-Brandon
- Erwin Technical College
- University of South Florida-Main Campus
- Hillsborough Community College
- The University of Tampa
Largest Schools Near Hillsborough County, FL
With the largest schools near Hillsborough county, students can attend universities with a rather large student population - somewhere around 20,000 - 40,000 students. They can also attend smaller universities, relative to this scale, with student enrollments of fewer than 10,000 students, as of fall 2015.
- University of South Florida-Main Campus (42,067 students)
- Hillsborough Community College (26,571 students)
- The University of Tampa (7,959 students)
- University of South Florida-St Petersburg (4,739 students)
- Southeastern University (4,538 students)
Lowest Net Price
The average net prices reported by the NCES are determined by subtracting the average amount of awarded financial aid from a school's total cost of attendance. The total cost of attendance is a figure that includes in-district or in-state undergraduate tuition, fees, textbooks, housing and academic supplies. Based on these calculations, the following schools had the lowest 2014-2015 net prices for full-time undergraduates.
- Hillsborough Community College ($5,400)
- Traviss Career Center ($6,381)
- University of South Florida-St Petersburg ($10,461)
- University of South Florida-Main Campus ($11,514)
- Florida Polytechnic University ($15,261)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates are useful for comparing school options because they can help students gauge the academic quality and effectiveness at colleges or universities. The following schools had the highest graduation rates, according to the NCES. The stats are based on full-time undergrads who completed a degree or certificate program within 150% of normal time. Students who began their programs in 2009 entered into 4-year programs, while those who entered into their programs in 2012 were working towards 2-year degrees.
- Traviss Career Center (86% graduation rate
- Erwin Technical College (78% graduation rate)
- University of South Florida-Main Campus (68% graduation rate)
- Everest University-Tampa (57% graduation rate)
- Florida Southern College (57% graduation rate)
We've compiled the public and private non-profit schools in and around Hillsborough County, Florida, to help you make an informed decision about which ones might work best for your learning needs.