Homeopathic PhD Program Information
Homeopathic medicine applies a holistic approach to restoring the body and spirit to a natural balance; the focus is more on the body's ability to heal itself, rather than using surgeries or medicinal treatments. In homeopathic doctoral programs, students explore the natural medicinal field deeply, learning central principals, theories and applications of self-healing.
In a Homeopathic Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program, students learn to understand and apply central homeopathic concepts, like dilution and the 'law of susceptibility'. Dilution is designed to stimulate the body's immune system, while the 'law of susceptibility' refers to the body's reaction and adaptation to both internal and external forces. Curriculum covers topics such as homeopathic psychology and research, pediatric homeopathy, homeopathic pharmacy and remedies, homeotherapeutics, emergency homeopathic medicine and issues in contemporary homeopathy. These programs also have a strong research component, in which students may be expected to prepare and defend an original dissertation and complete supervised clinical training interacting with patients. For admittance, applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 and relevant coursework. It's recommended that students also have a solid science, medicine and/or psychology background.
- Program Levels: Bachelor's and doctorate
- Prerequisites: A bachelor's degree, a 2.5 G.P.A. and related prior coursework. A science and health background is suggested.
- Other Requirements: The completion of a thesis and internship for graduation
Areas of Study
In a homeopathic doctoral program, students explore all the sub-sciences and medicinal protocols in the area, including:
- Physiology for homeopathic physicians
- Materia medica in homeopathic practice
- Botany for the homeopathic physician
- Miasms in homeopathic medicine
- Allopathic pharmacology
- Jurisprudence and ethics in homeopathic medicine
Popular Career Options
Most students who graduate from a homeopathic Ph.D. program open their own practice as a general practitioner of homeopathy. Other popular career options are:
- Homeopathic pharmacist
- Homeopathic veterinarian
- Homeopathic pediatrician
- Homeopathic rheumatologist