International Business PhD Program Information
A doctorate in international business is designed to teach today's business leaders how to teach tomorrow's business leaders, and to prepare doctoral recipients to conduct research in the field.
Graduates of a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in International Business program will have extensive knowledge of the theory, finance, economics and trade skills that all apply to instructing the discipline at colleges and universities around the world. The program consists of intensive business study courses along with independent research and a dissertation.
- Program Levels in International Business: Ph.D.
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in business or related field, business administration experience, strong mathematical foundation
- Program Length: 4-6 years
- Other Requirements: Participation in undergraduate teaching assistant program, successful completion of an competency exam, dissertation
Ph.D. Program in International Business
The first two years in a Ph.D program in International Business are dedicated primarily to research and coursework, while the last two to four years are dedicated solely to the dissertation. All curriculum and course studies are incorporated with the intention of preparing the graduate to be an effective instructor. Other than international human resource, and trade, here is a list of some specific courses and programs in the Ph.D. program:
- International macroeconomics
- Industrial organization
- Advanced finance
- Teaching internship
Career Outlook and Salary Information
Postsecondary business teachers constitute roughly 85,030 jobs in this country. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects the number of all postsecondary teaching positions to increase by 19% for the decade 2012-2022 (www.bls.gov). Potential salary depends on the position held at the school. In May 2014, postsecondary business teachers made a median annual salary of $74,090.
Related to International Business Phd
- Recently Updated
Bachelor's, Master's, and Ph.D. degrees are available in international business. Careers in this field can include working in...
Programs offered in international business prepare students to work in an integrated global economy. All graduate programs...
International business courses and classes provide students with the required knowledge and tools to compete in the global...
International business degrees are often required due to increasing globalization and the growing number of businesses...
- Top School in Raleigh, NC, for an International Business Degree
- Top-Ranked International Business Degree in Santa Ana, CA
- Top School in Sacramento for an International Business Degree
- Master's Degree in Computer Systems: Program Overview
- Instructional Technology Doctoral Degree Program Overviews
- Animal Laboratory Attendant Jobs: Requirements and Job Duties
- Jobs in Occupational Safety and Health: Options and Requirements
- Top School in Pittsburgh for an International Business Degree
- Top School for an International Business Degree - Austin, TX
- Top School that Offers Web Design Career Education - Raleigh, NC
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Office E-ministration
- Associate of Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship