I-Teach Programs in Texas: Certification Program Overview
Research iteachTEXAS programs in Texas, which currently offers teacher and principal certification options. Read overviews of the programs and get some quick facts to decide which program is right for you.
In 2003, an alternative teacher certification program called iteachTEXAS was launched in an effort to meet the requirements of the No Child Left Behind Act. The program is currently approved with the state of Texas and holds accreditation with the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Designed with flexibility in mind, this state-recognized program offers online courses and supervised training in order to meet the requirements needed to obtain teacher certification in a content area. Currently, there is also a certification program offered for aspiring principals.
Those interested in the iteachTEXAS teacher certification program must meet grade point average, test score and previous coursework requirements. After enrolled, aspiring teachers take seven required courses and have the option to take two more as electives. Field training is then obtained through acquiring a full-time paid internship as an employed teacher or by participating in the unpaid Clinical Teaching option. The Clinical Teaching program is most suitable for those needing to complete their certification requirements quickly as it only takes 12 weeks versus the one year required for the paid internship option. Individuals are allowed up to two years to complete all the certification requirements, including the field training experience.
- Programs Offered: Teacher Certification
- Program Cost (2014): $4,250 for teacher certification, $5,000 for principal certification*
- School Type & Setting: Online
Related to Iteach Texas
- Recently Updated
Students interested in studying cooking in Dallas, TX, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local...
With an estimated population of 26.4 million residents as of 2013, Texas is the second most populous state in the country....
Learn about Texas A & M University. Read about its admission info, financial aid and degree programs to make an informed...
Looking for a new career in the Lone Star State? Texas boasts many fast-growing fields, including hospitality, education,...
- Texas (TX): Colleges, Universities, and Career Schools
- All About the GED: Texas
- Top School for Becoming a Network Administrator - Irving, Texas
- FNP - Family Nurse Practitioner: Educational Requirements
- A Pathway for Open Education: Study.com Speaks with the University of California, Irvine
- Medical Laboratory Scientist: Salary, Requirements and Career Overview
- Medical Claims Processor: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
Perfect School Search
- A - E
- F - N
- O - W
- Nearby States