The Largo area is home to a number of traditional colleges and universities, including community colleges and a handful of private non-profit 4-year colleges. To help students make an informed choice, the schools are categorized based on data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Largo, Florida
The closest schools to Largo are a mix of 4-year public and private non-profit schools. Students looking to gain a bachelor's degree while staying close to the area may want to consider exploring these potential schools further.
- St Petersburg College (Clearwater)
- Keiser University - Clearwater (Clearwater)
- Everest University-Largo (Largo)
- Eckerd College (St. Petersburg)
- University of South Florida - St. Petersburg (St. Petersburg)
Largest Schools Near Largo, Florida
The largest schools near Largo, Florida, as of fall 2015, are a mixture of 2-year and 4-year public and private non-profit schools. While the largest school has more than 40,000 students, the remaining largest schools in the area range from 4,700 to 31,700 students.
- University of South Florida-Main Campus (42,067 students)
- St Petersburg College (31,767 students)
- Hillsborough Community College (26,571 students)
- The University of Tampa (7,959 students)
- University of South Florida-St Petersburg (4,739 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The cost to attend college is an important consideration for many prospective students, especially when considering the amount of student loan debt that may be incurred. The NCES calculated the net price to attend colleges in 2014-2015 by taking a school's total cost of attendance and subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by in-state students. The net price to attend not-for-profit schools in the Largo region is based on data for full-time undergraduates.
- Hillsborough Community College ($5,400)
- University of South Florida-St Petersburg ($10,461)
- St Petersburg College ($10,993)
- University of South Florida-Main Campus ($11,514)
- Florida College ($20,669)
Highest Graduation Rate
Another important factor to consider when choosing a school is the overall graduation rate. The NCES reports a school's graduation rate based on the percentage of students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal time. The following graduation rates for schools in the Largo area were according to NCES figures from full-time undergraduates who entered into their programs in 2009.
- University of South Florida-Main Campus (68% graduation rate)
- Eckerd College (65% graduation rate)
- Everest University-Tampa (57% graduation rate)
- The University of Tampa (55% graduation rate)
- Everest University-Largo (50% graduation rate)
With mostly 4-year public and private non-profit schools located in and around Largo, Florida, students have several higher education options to choose from in the area.