Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management: Program Overviews
A Master of Science in Supply Chain Management provides graduate students with a thorough understanding of both the theoretical and practical elements of running the operational side of a business. Students in this program learn how to improve day-to-day operations, minimize costs, handle purchasing and sales, manage inventory, and more.
Most regular master's degree programs in supply chain management last approximately two years, although those taken as part of a night program or dual degree program can last up to three or four years. Courses cover business management methods and theories, logistics strategies and quality control techniques. Students in these programs develop critical problem-solving skills as well as business acumen.
- Program Levels in Supply Chain Management: Bachelor's, master's and Ph.D. degrees
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree in business or management; good understanding of economic principles and business models; computing and calculus skills sometimes required
- Program Length: 2 years
Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management
Master's degrees in supply chain management contain a lot of general business courses, and provide insight on logistics and consumer market topics. Generally, a master's degree program in supply chain management covers core concepts, such as management and purchasing, as well as:
- Operations management
- Business principles
- Financial management
- Advanced economics
- Logistics and distribution
- Purchasing management
Popular Career Options
The most common career title available for a graduate of a master's degree program in supply chain management is supply chain manager. There are some other variations available, however. These include:
- Operations manager
- General manager
- Management consultant
- Inventory specialist
- Purchasing manager
Related to Masters Degree Program in Supply Chain Management
- Recently Updated
Read on to learn about supply chain management programs at two top U.S. universities. Get school rankings, location info and...
Many business schools around the U.S. offer degree programs in supply chain management at the undergraduate and graduate...
Supply chain management classes cover logistics, sourcing, forecasting, quality control and inventory management. This article...
Becoming a supply chain manager requires some formal education. Learn about the degree programs, job duties and requirements to...
- Associate of Supply Chain Management: Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Operations: Supply Chain Management Degree Overview
- Online MBA in Supply Chain Management: Program Overview
- Bachelor of Restaurant Management: Degree Overview
- Health Records Technician: Diploma Program Summary
- Bachelor of Yacht & Marine Design: Degree Overview
- Alternative Healing Careers: Education Requirements and Job Options